08 YZ450F Oil Question

1 reply to this topic
  • Olds455guy

Posted January 07, 2012 - 03:03 PM

I bought an 08 YZ450F just changed the oil for the first time. I've run into serval problems along the way. The first issue was the oil drain bolt was stripped by the previous owner. It has taken me a few days to get to fixing that. The bike has been tipped and drained more than normal due to me fixing the stripped threads in the case. After fixing that I filled the bike with 1 Liter of oil and took it for a short ride. The oil is reading very low on the dipstick. Is this because I drained all the oil and Im short the 200cc for full capacity? Im just being cautious because this is my first oil change on the bike. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 07, 2012 - 08:13 PM

... Is this because I drained all the oil and Im short the 200cc for full capacity?

Maybe. Repeat the oil change with filter as if it were a normal maintenance oil change, add one liter (not one quart), run the engine for a minute, wait 30 seconds or more and check the dip stick. It should be at the correct height.

Review this since it's the first one of these you've done. They're a little different:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=852961

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.