G-Man, How did you do at Washougal?

28 replies to this topic
  • RacerX

Posted August 01, 2001 - 01:03 PM

Let's have the story on Washougal G, can't wait any longer...

• motojunkie

Posted August 01, 2001 - 09:52 PM

X are you or any other AZ riders going to Speedworld this weekend? I think I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sun.

• timmorg

Posted August 02, 2001 - 08:24 AM

I just thought that I would put in the word that I live in Washougal and the races were awesome this year. Windham really ate up the track.

Joe

• nozzlejockey

Posted August 02, 2001 - 05:38 PM

How does washougal treat begginer riders? I am new to racing but would love to try washougal. I practice at albany supercross and race at clarks branch. I can double sand lake and come close to the buddy jump at albany. The max air I currently do is about 70'. I have built a track at home with a 50' table top and a step up double that is 30'. any info would be appriciated. :)

• bjscheel

Posted August 02, 2001 - 06:04 PM

If you want to try a super cross style outdoor track you have got to try skyland raceway in ritzville. They have jumps up to 100 feet. If you like to jump you need to try this track out. Anyone who needs any info or race dates email them at skylandraceway@hotmail.com.

[This message has been edited by bjscheel (edited 08-02-2001).]

• nozzlejockey

Posted August 02, 2001 - 08:01 PM

Where is skyland raceway? sounds like co. or mo.

• bjscheel

Posted August 02, 2001 - 08:38 PM

The track is six miles south of ritzville. North of try cities in washington.

• MXOldtimer

Posted August 02, 2001 - 09:37 PM

Really Washougal is one of the safest tracks around, no big jumps (just Chuck son jump)The downhill only makes you pucker the first couple times you try it, about the only thing they have tough is the big whoops. The track is just "FAST"

This weekend is the Oldtimer Natonals there, if your over fourty this race is for you, if not you can race the support class, just get there early were expecting a "BIG" turnout.

Doug

• timmorg

Posted August 03, 2001 - 09:07 PM

Really I can say that Washougal is a boring track for me. I'm a jumper myself and the track just doesn't fit my style. You can make the downhill an enormous drop if you want to but other than that theres not much. The Hillsboro 5 can be a little tricky buts its not too bad to rythm through them. The funnest part of the track is the whoops. They are different almost every time I am there but its fun being able to use different methods to go through them. At the nationals they were doubling the first four whoops and then just using front wheel placement to get through the rest. Overall it is a pretty good track to learn how to corner on and basically have a lot of fun. The only thing that sucks is that they are very stingy on when they let people ride. They have almost no practice times so the only practice you get is on race day. It would be awesome if they would open it up more.

:) Joe

[This message has been edited by timmorg (edited 08-03-2001).]

• RacerX

Posted August 04, 2001 - 07:52 AM

Motojunkie,
Been out of town all week. We were thinking about going to Speedworld on Sunday but we are going to America West for the Freestyle MX tonight and will probably take it easy tomorrow. We are planning to race at Speedworld on Aug 12 though, the AZOTMX club will be riding this "Beat the Heat" event but it's open to anyone, as you probably know. The AZOT'er have a race at Air Surival on Aug 26th also, planning to go to that one also...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted August 05, 2001 - 03:35 PM

NozzleJockey--

hey, where do you live? I am in corvallis. Email me -- mjbobbitt@yahoo.com

• nozzlejockey

Posted August 05, 2001 - 05:42 PM

matt96xr6-

I can't E-mail from this computer. Its the fire departments, but I live in the Springfield area and practice at albany, race at clarks branch.

• twej

Posted August 08, 2001 - 06:00 PM

Just got back from Washougal. Our OTHGMX club joined the Oregon Old Timers. It's a great track for 30 year olds too. It's Fast and Safe. Had alot of fun. If you want big air and lots of it look elsewhere. If you want a really long track with lots of track time and enough room to pass, high speeds, and the best scenery for a MX track then Washougal is it.
Steve

• MXOldtimer

Posted August 08, 2001 - 07:33 PM

Hey Steve,,, Did ya get enough to eat? we were piling on the spaghetti for you guys :-)

Doug

• G-Man

Posted August 09, 2001 - 01:55 PM

Racer X,
Yea my puter caught a virus and the hard drive is toast. It's taken me days to even want to get on the Internet, those bastards who get off on sending virus's to people they don't even know, real sicko's!!

Anyway Washougal was awesome as usual, had a killer time especially with my buddy Josh there with his new killer RV trailer. We were partying and having a good ol time pulling chicks in there. The lies that were told I could write a novel with!

As far as my race on Sat, after it rained ALL FRIDAY NIGHT, you can imagine the conditions. They had a riders meeting and said we would only race one extended moto and the B & C riders would not run the big hill, which turned out to be a good thing. Guys were getting stuck on the small hills and the whole "race" was just to try and keep it on two wheels. 40 rider gate was in about 9th place on the 3rd lap when I approached the Chuck Sun Tabletop. There was a rider stuck on the ramp face, went to the right and the next thing I know he does a 180 and is heading right towards me!!! We tangled in a heap and it was so slippery I could not even get my bike up! LOL Oh well that's racing and I'm still in one piece so all is good.

Sunday racing was epic and watching
KFade-no-more, reel in RC and pass him BOTH motos was cool. Don't miss it on the tube.

Can't wait till next yr.

G-Man

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

http://www.geocities.com/gmann_3000/

G-Man

• Maicoman

Posted August 10, 2001 - 05:08 AM

G
Can you post some pictures ??? :)
Never mind

• G-Man

Posted August 10, 2001 - 10:44 AM

Originally posted by Maicoman:
G
Can you post some pictures ??? :)
Never mind

MaicoMan,
I would luv to post some pictures, but the last time I posted pics of my "friend" riding her CR500 in her thong, they got pulled very quickly (btw did you get those?)
:D and I received a warning....

Guess this is a "G" rated site.

G-Man

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

http://www.geocities.com/gmann_3000/

G-Man

• twej

Posted August 12, 2001 - 11:39 PM

Doug,
Spaghetti was great! That carbo dinner was probably the only reason I could finish racing on Sunday :-) We had a couple guys bummin' more tickets so they could get more spaget. Twas a great event. Our V.P. is already wanting us to go again next year.

Steve

• MXOldtimer

Posted August 13, 2001 - 05:46 AM

Steve

Which company did you have make up your OTHG jerseys, its time to replace our Oregon OT jerseys and your was really nice looking. Steve, if you could find out the name of the company , we could have them work up some designs for us.

Thanks Doug

• RacerX

Posted August 13, 2001 - 05:45 PM

Did any of you Oregon OT'ers see any Arizona OT'ers at your International?

The only OT International I have been to is our AZOTMX International back in April. I was really looking forward to it and possibly going to other Internationals until I raced our race. Call me a wuss but five 20 minute moto's in two days turned out to be more than I was looking for. I asked our club president to consider recommending a four moto format at the next national meeting. Any thoughts from other OT'ers...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.