yamaha 426 race gas

6 replies to this topic
  • rob1guns

Posted October 02, 2003 - 09:35 AM

i have a 2001 426 and i would like to spend some
extra $$ on race gas . does any one have any sug
on what to run ?? thanks for the help . :)

• oldbones

Posted October 02, 2003 - 02:45 PM

Yup, run good pump gas and send me all that extra $$$ you are carrying around. I guaruntee that sheddint that extra weight will gain you more performance than spending more money on gas!

Oh, unless your bike is way trick, then it might be different... But really, search for some articles on race gas, I bet you will decide it's not worth it.

• teallen3

Posted October 02, 2003 - 06:46 PM

How about Competition 110. I run it in my WR 250f and love the stuff. It burns clean and smells great! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted October 03, 2003 - 10:32 AM

What oldbones said. :)

• johnhab

Posted October 20, 2003 - 03:57 PM

VP ultimate 4, you will not believe the change

• holeshot426

Posted October 21, 2003 - 10:21 AM

There is some truth to what oldbones said, if you live where you can get decent pump gas. For the rest of us, come winter time, the gasoline formula changes to $h!t to reduce emissions and whatnot. In this case, getting a consistent fuel will help a guy out. I have a local 76 station that has 110 leaded pump gas for around $4.00/gal. I burns cooler and slower and is consistent 100% of the time. My bike starts easily all year long (as long as my jetting is dialed in....)

• thelimey1

Posted November 04, 2003 - 03:43 AM

i tried some 112 octane, no difference at all. nothing, nada, zip.
ran the stuff for 3 solid days. no mistake.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.