My New 11 WR

8 replies to this topic
  • dirtbikekid32

Posted January 04, 2012 - 06:22 PM

Picked up a new 11 WR from the local dealer.. put the winter studs and Cycra pro bends on it as it came out of the crate.. Ordered the AIS removal kit but when it came in the needle looked like a banana..haha.. I got another one and rejetted with the supplied jets, pulled the gray wire out and removed the air box snorkel?? I cant see how removing that would make that much of a difference< it doesnt look it restricts the air flow that much.. Anybody ese have any thoughts on that?? Here s afew pics of the bike ready for mud/snow/ice...

Posted Image
Posted Image

• signman1968

Posted January 04, 2012 - 07:45 PM

Jealous.

• dirtbikekid32

Posted January 04, 2012 - 08:22 PM

Heres my old 426, I used a sand paddle tire and i think i fit 120 studs in the rear..
Posted Image

• Slackkinhard

Posted January 04, 2012 - 08:30 PM

NICE!

how much does it weigh? I agree...removing the snorkel only is not a big performance plus

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtbikekid32

Posted January 04, 2012 - 09:00 PM

NICE!

how much does it weigh? I agree...removing the snorkel only is not a big performance plus

I didnt put it on a scale, It does weigh a bit more.. The sand paddle with 120 studs is quite heavy, the knobby has 74 or 76 studs in it.. it seems to work well..

• YamaLink

Posted January 05, 2012 - 05:54 AM

Those studs are nasty nice!!
Grease the bearings, set your sag and go break it in hard!

• jlow

Posted January 07, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Dirtbikekid, what kind of studs are those? Where do you get them? And how much? Been running Grip studs. Tried sheet metal screws. Looking for something that works well, wears well, doesn't come out, and isn't 1$ a piece. Thanks, JLow

• jlow

Posted January 07, 2012 - 01:05 PM

Did the ais kit come with the yz throttle stop? If so, those mods make a big difference!

• dirtbikekid32

Posted January 08, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Did the ais kit come with the yz throttle stop? If so, those mods make a big difference!

Ais kit did come with throttle stop, I pulled the stock one out and cut it down.
As for the studs they are snowmobile studs, good ones r 1.50 or so each. They work great and I've never had 1 pull out. They aren't near as expensive as buying a trelleborg aNd they work better.
Did all the free mods and put all the jets in that came with kit, rode hard today and that bike is sweet!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.