Just ordered my Rekluse CoreEXP

14 replies to this topic
  • STOIE

Posted January 04, 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hey all,

Just ordered my CoreEXP!
It's going on my 05' YZ450F... anyone have info relating to "tractoring" slowly with the CoreEXP on a standard 4spd 14/51 gearing?!?
Will I still need to gear this bike down to tractor through the tough stuff..?

Thanks,
Aaron.

• grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2012 - 05:16 PM

Will I still need to gear this bike down to tractor through the tough stuff..?

Uh, no.

• STOIE

Posted January 04, 2012 - 05:23 PM

Uh, no.

I don't know if your tying to sound like an ass with that remark, or if your just very confident that I won't have to?!?

Either way, this is a good thing right!

• grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2012 - 05:28 PM

I don't know if your tying to sound like an ass with that remark, or if your just very confident that I won't have to?!?

Either way, this is a good thing right!

When you just type "No." you get, "your message was too frickin' short. You need 5 characters or more.", or something like that.

Apparently, I can sound like an ass with much less effort than that. And yes, it's a good thing.:smirk:

• STOIE

Posted January 04, 2012 - 05:56 PM

LOL, the internet, even making u sound like an ass easier.

But yeah, sweet, thanks dude. :smirk:

• josh8811

Posted January 04, 2012 - 06:37 PM

The bike will "tractor" anywhere with any gearing when your using a rekluse.. BUT.. The clutch is slipping.. The more is slips the more it wear.......

I just installed one in my 2011 YZ450.. I thought about putting my gearing back to stock, then decided to leave the 50 tooth rear on it. You can feel when it slipping and I don't wanna buy a new clutch any sooner than I have to.

• STOIE

Posted January 04, 2012 - 06:47 PM

The bike will "tractor" anywhere with any gearing when your using a rekluse.. BUT.. The clutch is slipping.. The more is slips the more it wear.......

I just installed one in my 2011 YZ450.. I thought about putting my gearing back to stock, then decided to leave the 50 tooth rear on it. You can feel when it slipping and I don't wanna buy a new clutch any sooner than I have to.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! (As it's what I thought would happen [obviously..]).
I think I will still drop the gearing down as it will be best for the clutch wear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • STOIE

Posted January 04, 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'll try a 12T Renthal, that will be the way to go I think.
Also, ordering the "light" wedge kit, so, I can get slip at low RPM more like the zStart, but, maintaining clutch control.

• josh8811

Posted January 04, 2012 - 07:10 PM

I think it would be best to add two teeth to the rear based on stock gearing.. The smaller the front sprocket, the more wear/stretching it cause on the chain. The extra wear is from the chain having to make the tight bend around the small sprocket.

• STOIE

Posted January 04, 2012 - 08:59 PM

Yeah however, 2 teeth in the rear will only change the gearing 3.9%, versus 2 teeth at the front... 21% differential.

When your talking about force on the clutch / gearbox... 3.9% really won't make much difference, where as 21%... maybe even a 13t then...

• Mr. Neutron

Posted January 04, 2012 - 09:25 PM

3.9% can be a big change, that's really noticeable. I've always considered my self pretty insensitive to subtle changes, most of the time. But I've pretty much always been able to feel the difference with 2 teeth, either up or down, on a rear sprocket.....

The thing I really don't like about the tiny (12T or less) front sprockets is how the chain seems to wear more on the wear pad on the swingarm. There have been a few folks that have worn through the wear pad on their swingarm, and into the metal itself. Grayracer513 has a good fix for that on one of his pages......

A bigger rear sprocket sure seems like a much more sano way to go about accomplishing a higher gear ratio change.....

Jimmie

• STOIE

Posted January 04, 2012 - 09:37 PM

Cheers Jimmie,

Yeah I'm sure you will notice the 2T rear change, only thing that concerns me is, in light of the "actual" ratio change, I am not sure it would really relieve that much stress from the clutch...

• Mr. Neutron

Posted January 05, 2012 - 05:28 AM

Cheers back to ya, Stoie!!!

Maybe I could suggest this? Try your auto clutch out first, to see if this will even be an issue. It may not even be necessary. If you feel you need a lower 1st or second gear, then try a gearing change.

If you think you need to go even lower (or higher, numerically speaking.... :smirk: ), maybe a more drastic change like to a WR tranny? I'd actually like to do that to my bike......

Jimmie

• STOIE

Posted January 05, 2012 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, WR tranny would be hella nice.

Hmmm... now you got me thinking... but, your right, I do need to try it first :smirk:

• STOIE

Posted January 05, 2012 - 01:26 PM

Ouch!

Posted Image

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.