Bk mod pic's

5 replies to this topic
  • jaybird67k

Posted July 31, 2001 - 06:32 PM

Here are some pics of the BK mod.
There were a few people asking about pic's of the mod so I took some when I had my carb off.
I used a 6-32 x 1" long machine screw with a number 36 tap drill.
I needed a spring but couldnt find one long enough so I used 2 that I found on an old weed eater and just put a washer in between the springs.
Pic's didnt post...........Damn
oh well I tried.............

http://y42.briefcase...view=t&.hires=t
[This message has been edited by jaybird67k (edited 07-31-2001).]

• motoman393

Posted August 01, 2001 - 07:18 PM

It looks like Jason was having a hard time posting pics...so he emailed me them. If you want to see them click HERE I will update the page whenever I get the chance, I just wanted to post the pics since many people have asked for them! Thanks Jason for the pics and info!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• Boomer

Posted August 02, 2001 - 01:04 AM

Great pics - probably the best I have ever seen in terms of showing detail!!!!!

The mods are what I envisioned - however, I do remember adjusting the upper screw when I first got my bike - don't forget I am the one who's bike WAS THE WORST for the cut-out.

Anyway, who can explain why the BK mod is as good as claimed? Is that because it acts as a positive dead-stop on the rod travel? Must be so.

Did you try Lowe's hardware for the long spring?

Thanks again for the pics guys - I have been waiting and waiting for those.

Boomer

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdad

Posted August 02, 2001 - 02:11 AM

Excellent pics! Thanks Garrett and Jason.

------------------
00 YZ426F
01 TT-R125L (my son's)
74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

• YZThump

Posted August 02, 2001 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for the great pics!! It looks vey simple now that I have seen the pictures.What kind of improvement did you notice in the powerband? I'm sure it ended the bog problem!

Thanks again!!

• Hick

Posted August 02, 2001 - 02:00 PM

Great pics. Why didn’t you just cut the screw?

Boomer,

The whole point of this mod is to shorten the pump stroke. This shortens the duration and amount of accelerator pump discharge whenever you twist the throttle.

Total stroke on a stock carb is limited by the button on the pump diaphragm which eventually bottoms on the inside of its housing after the rod travels about 3 mm. Using the mod pictured I have cut this to 1 mm, after considerable experimentation I always end up at roughly the same adjustment.

An additional benefit is the pump is easily disabled with the screw, and jetting your bike with the pump turned off is the best (and easiest) way to do it. Then turn the screw out until you get the best throttle response.

This has all been covered before.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.