Question on my wr 400?

4 replies to this topic
  • Cpriest10

Posted January 02, 2012 - 08:55 PM

I recently picked up a 98 wr and was checking all the stuff changed all the fluids and checked the air filter etc. I recently noticed a small white tank on the back of the bike and it was empty but I believe I need to fill it with radiator fluid is this correct?

• johndeerekid

Posted January 02, 2012 - 10:39 PM

yes that is correct, that is the overflow tank for the radiator fluid. -Wes

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cpriest10

Posted January 03, 2012 - 05:07 PM

Ok so I should fill it to the full line right.

• Sknight

Posted January 03, 2012 - 06:56 PM

Fill it to the full line while the engine is cold.

• j16out

Posted January 06, 2012 - 12:02 AM

also if you just picked this bike up, id grab a new timing chain tensioner for it, will save you money in the long run:smirk::thumbsup:had my 98 jump a tooth kissing all the intake valves, ruined the piston and cams, either that or buy a manual one, never have to worry again

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.