WR400 Graphics the same as YZ426?

10 replies to this topic
  • OZZIE_KLX

Posted January 02, 2012 - 01:46 PM

Howdy,

Are the WR400 Graphcis the same as YZ426 graphics? Or are any part of them the same i.e. Tank/Radiator Shrouds, Front Fender, Number plate, etc.

Thanks

• 2grimjim

Posted January 02, 2012 - 05:16 PM

No. The WR used different shrouds from the YZ.

• OZZIE_KLX

Posted January 03, 2012 - 01:36 AM

dam lol, thanks anyway

• dustdogg

Posted January 03, 2012 - 07:56 PM

No. The WR used different shrouds from the YZ.

I think this was the first year or two only '98/99 due to some radiator differences? I know that the later models 2000 - 2002 use the same shrouds. Any YZ 400/426 graphics should work fine on the WR shrouds with minor trimming. It is the gas tanks that are different between the WR and the YZ although once again they should fit with minor trimming if necessary. Last year I put some Factory Effex grahics on my WR 426 and the same part # was listed online for both models. I only used the shroud graphics though because I have a Clarke natural tank and I like to keep it clear so that I can easily see the fuel level.

• 2grimjim

Posted January 03, 2012 - 09:21 PM

I think this was the first year or two only '98/99 due to some radiator differences? I know that the later models 2000 - 2002 use the same shrouds. Any YZ 400/426 graphics should work fine on the WR shrouds with minor trimming. It is the gas tanks that are different between the WR and the YZ although once again they should fit with minor trimming if necessary. Last year I put some Factory Effex grahics on my WR 426 and the same part # was listed online for both models. I only used the shroud graphics though because I have a Clarke natural tank and I like to keep it clear so that I can easily see the fuel level.

YZ's and WR's used different radiator shrouds from '98-'04. In '05+ the WR tanks were redesigned to use YZ shrouds.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OZZIE_KLX

Posted January 04, 2012 - 04:27 PM

thanks guys

• gill212

Posted January 07, 2012 - 08:16 AM

As long as its the same year. All plastics are interchangeable as well as graphics. They both have to be steel frames

• OZZIE_KLX

Posted January 07, 2012 - 03:48 PM

i didnt know that i wish that were the same with every make of bike lol

• MrBlahh

Posted January 07, 2012 - 03:53 PM

my wr400 had a much different tank and shroud, I used a yz400 tank/shrouds on it most of the time

• YamaLink

Posted January 08, 2012 - 07:05 AM

On a somewhat related note, please do no do what my moron neighbor did: he purchased a complete decal kit for a YZ, cut out each individual logo or design and then slapped them all over the WR. He was so proud of his mess and thought it looked factory. Looked like refrigerator magnets thrown against the fridge door.

• gill212

Posted January 08, 2012 - 09:50 AM

He'll Idk then. I looked them up on line and it was the same part # I look in my Dennis Kirk book and there worlds apart

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.