How hard is the clip position to change ???

4 replies to this topic
  • john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted July 30, 2001 - 05:18 PM

Hello, I'm a new 426 owner and I need to change the clip position on the needle jet. I changed the main and the pilot the other day, and I was surprised at how easy that was. It was easy because it was just like my old two strokes. However, what's the deal with the needle? Is is easy, or is it a real pain in the butt? Thanks for the help.
John

• Bill

Posted July 30, 2001 - 06:32 PM

John,

You can try and angle the carb by lossening the clamps and turning it sideways or just pull the carb (I prefer pulling the carb). Then take off the top and remove the allen screw (you'll see it inside {cad plated}), then use a magnet or turn the carb upside down and it'll fall out.

Also check out my post about Rausch Creek and Happry Ramblers this weekend. It would be a good opportunity to meet some fellow TT'ers.

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbird

Posted July 31, 2001 - 03:19 AM

Bill's directions sound good. In my opinion changing the clip position is even easier with this carb because you don't even have mess with the carb slide or cable. That stays right in the carb and the needle comes out through the top. The allen screw that Bill talks about holds it place.
Jon

------------------
01 YZ426F, 99 YZ400F, 86 XR250, 76 RD400, 71
Heavily Modified Z50

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted July 31, 2001 - 07:37 AM

Bill and John, thanks for the advice, I'm going to try that right now.

Bill, I'm actually going to Colorado this Thursday, so I won't be able to go to PA. However, I am a member of Tower City and I would like to meet some of the people behind the names at TT. Maybe some time in late Aug. or Sep.

Thanks again,
John

• Bill

Posted July 31, 2001 - 02:14 PM

Let me know John. My riding buddy (son) broke his wrist in two places today at Rausch Creek and will be out for 6-8 weeks minimum.

Bill

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.