Differences between YZ and WR head?

5 replies to this topic
  • Save_A_Tree_Eat_A_Beaver

Posted December 30, 2011 - 12:17 AM

My 07' needs a new head assembly and they are on backorder till March from what I am told. Will a head from a 06'-09 YZ450 work? What are the differences? Thanks.

• YamaJet

Posted December 30, 2011 - 06:15 AM

Sorry I can't answer the compatability question. I am curious why you need a new head.

• 2grimjim

Posted December 30, 2011 - 07:17 AM

I am curious why you need a new head.

The '06-'07 YZ head will work with no problems. '08+ had a bigger head pipe flange. The only difference between the WR and YZ head is the AIS crap is deleted on the YZ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted December 30, 2011 - 10:47 AM

does the WR and YZ have identical porting?

• 2grimjim

Posted December 30, 2011 - 11:33 AM

does the WR and YZ have identical porting?

Yes, they are identical.

• Save_A_Tree_Eat_A_Beaver

Posted December 30, 2011 - 11:47 AM

Sorry I can't answer the compatability question. I am curious why you need a new head.

This should answer your question... http://www.thumperta...1974&highlight=

The '06-'07 YZ head will work with no problems. '08+ had a bigger head pipe flange. The only difference between the WR and YZ head is the AIS crap is deleted on the YZ.

Great thanks man. Just the info I needed. Blocking off the AIS is one of the first mods anyway...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.