07 YZ450f Suspension Springs

1 reply to this topic
  • Nitrox

Posted December 27, 2011 - 05:08 PM

I picked up a set of springs for my 2007 450. The previous owner said they were for a big guy. I fall into that catagory. So with stocks fork spring rate of .46 and shock at 5.05, I now have a set of Eibachs with the fork springs rating of .50 and the shock spring at 6.3. What is you opinion on the spring rates for a 235lb novic mx rider?

thanks for any feedback

CB

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikedabike

Posted December 27, 2011 - 06:32 PM

Those sound about right. I run a .50 and a 5.8. I have lost a few pounds but when I was up to 235 the fork was good but I had a hard time with the 5.8 getting the proper sag. The 6.3 should be good hopefully not too stiff.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.