Decompression Shaft Bolt Query

4 replies to this topic
  • SolitaryGunman

Posted December 27, 2011 - 10:37 AM

Hi,

I have a hole on the right side of my YZ426F 2001 engine, near the decompression shaft. (Please see picture below)

Posted Image

Should there be a bolt here?

The bike starts and runs fine, I haven't had the bike long and just wanted to check that this hole was normal.

Thanks for your help.

• 2grimjim

Posted December 27, 2011 - 11:22 AM

Yes, there is a special bolt that has a turned-down step on the end. It holds your decomp assembly in place.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2grimjim

Posted December 27, 2011 - 11:28 AM

The Yamaha part number for the bolt is 90109-06418-00
You'll need the washer too. 90430-06014-00

It's item 13 and 14 in the pic,

Posted Image

• 2grimjim

Posted December 27, 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hi,

I have a hole on the right side of my YZ426F 2001 engine, near the decompression shaft. (Please see picture below)

Should there be a bolt here?

The bike starts and runs fine, I haven't had the bike long and just wanted to check that this hole was normal.

Thanks for your help.

You might have a broken bolt in there. If there is nothing in the hole, it would leak oil from there when it's running.

Or...you have no oil in the engine?

• SolitaryGunman

Posted December 27, 2011 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for your help with this. It's much appreciated.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.