How many miles does a wr400 usually last?

2 replies to this topic
  • Cpriest10

Posted December 25, 2011 - 10:03 PM

Hey guys I have a 1998 wr400f in decent condition with just over 500 miles . It has never been raced or abused. Assuming maintenance has been regular and often, how long do the motors usually last on these?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikewrf18

Posted December 26, 2011 - 06:35 AM

1 hour to about 15 years. :bonk:

Being kind of sarcastic, but it really depends on the type of riding, and how well the bike is maintained. I know you stated, (never raced or abused, and regular maintenance) but everyone's interpretation of proper maintenance is different. Some feel just an oil change and clean air filter is proper maintenance, while others strip they're bikes down and check/inspect everything often. The WR's are pretty bullet proof if taken care of, and can last many years. Your 98' still running strong is a good example how how long they can last when taken care of. Replacing worn engine components before they break will keep you and your WR happy for many years.

• 2grimjim

Posted December 26, 2011 - 08:52 AM

Mine went 7 years before its first valve adjustment and the clutch replaced. Probably had 15,000 miles on it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.