Wr450 pos

32 replies to this topic
  • DezertXR400

Posted December 25, 2011 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the help everyone. headed down there to work on it in a few hours.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted December 26, 2011 - 07:38 PM

I got an 05 that I really love. Sounds like carb problems...

55 or even a 52 pilot is just plain wrong.

Order a JD Jetting kit and follow the instructions exactly, including the o-ring mod.

Replace the leak jet with a #40 (stock is 50)

Get the flexjet fuel screw to help dial it in on the trail (or at the dunes).

Then just ride the bike.

• cubera

Posted December 26, 2011 - 07:47 PM

If the stator is other than OEM my money is on that's the problem. Had an identical problem on an '05 WR that got fixed (after nearly driving several professional mechanics insane) by going back to an OEM stator. HTH

• DezertXR400

Posted December 31, 2011 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. We pulled the carb apart and sure enough that piece of the slide was in upside down. after flipping that over and putting the suggested jetting in it it ran pretty well with no mechanical issue all week in glamis

• mikewrf18

Posted December 31, 2011 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. We pulled the carb apart and sure enough that piece of the slide was in upside down. after flipping that over and putting the suggested jetting in it it ran pretty well with no mechanical issue all week in glamis

Glad to hear you guys got it running right. Now, where's the glamis pics? Please share! :bonk:

• 2grimjim

Posted December 31, 2011 - 03:18 PM

I think I lost some hair the first time I encountered that problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DezertXR400

Posted December 31, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Dont have any pics out riding, should have a video in a few weeks. Had a couple helmet cams going so we have a lot of video to sort through and put together. Here is a pic of us loaded and about to hit the road.

Posted Image

• mikewrf18

Posted January 01, 2012 - 05:40 AM

Dont have any pics out riding, should have a video in a few weeks. Had a couple helmet cams going so we have a lot of video to sort through and put together. Here is a pic of us loaded and about to hit the road.

Posted Image

Can't see the pic, just a red "X". Could just be my work computer though.

• Summit

Posted January 01, 2012 - 08:37 AM

Yeah once you get the correct jetting/carb setup it should run great. I rejetted my 05 shortly after I got it when new and it's been totally rippin ever since and completely bullet proof.

• DezertXR400

Posted January 01, 2012 - 10:43 AM

see if this pic works any better.

Posted Image

• mikewrf18

Posted January 01, 2012 - 11:02 AM

see if this pic works any better.

Posted Image

Nice setup! :bonk:

• L. Euler

Posted January 02, 2012 - 05:40 AM

Have you checked for an air leak between the carb and engine?

• Charles De Mar

Posted January 02, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Now the post Glamis love begins. pull out the air box, pull off the carb, bearings, change the oil and clean clean clean. Check the valves clearances too.:bonk: OH... I always tear up my airbox mudflap at the dunes :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.