What do you put in your Camelback

30 replies to this topic
  • WR450

Posted September 30, 2003 - 10:22 PM

Cytomax - :) :D
You will see a comment by Cytomax that besides being an energy drink it beats the burn ie Buffers Lactic acid production (the cause of arm pump)

PS on a normal trail ride I only use water and then use Cytomax when I Race and Train in the Gym.

• The_Missile

Posted October 01, 2003 - 12:55 AM

Liv Tyler, but when she's not available, Isostar in powder form. You wont get it in the US but in Europe its available pretty widely. It competes head to head with Gatorade which unfortunately is available only in liquid form and is expensive as hell.

As far as hydrating, yes, drink a lot, but if you ride for many hours your body is losing minerals as it converts food to energy (andf other stuff) and if it goes on for long enough without rempalcing them you may end up suffering from cramps, amongst other ailments. A lack of magnesium in particular I think causes cramps, which water can't replace, hence the need for a fortified electrolyte drink of some sort - or eating.

Drinking is important, but on long rides eating is too. I tend to use powerbars for the longer rides and for short burst of energy 'sucre de raisin' which is concentrated dextrose? extracted from grapes/fruit. Amazing stuff - when you are well knackered a couple of these and 5-10 minutes later you feel the turbo charge kick in.

• Bamster

Posted October 03, 2003 - 04:00 PM

Beezer A Scotch like Glen ....... ?

I just put water and ice.

• panda38

Posted April 24, 2011 - 09:09 AM

We tried rum and coke but the coke fizzed too much off the big jumps. Rum and orange juice now vitamin C with a kick.

• YamaLink

Posted April 24, 2011 - 09:22 AM

8 year old thread resurrection, awesome sauce!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brohelm12

Posted May 02, 2011 - 08:55 AM

Crystal light..... and now they make it with caffeine.... no sugar energy boost that tastes like strawberries.....

• forsta_02

Posted May 03, 2011 - 01:55 AM

water!!!!!! that way you can still use the water to wash out wounds! and also clean goggles.

• spokexx

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:14 AM

is there a way to get rid of the plasticky taste with wooder (as we say near Philly) in the Camelbacks? is there something to put in there to keep mold or fungus from forming? my last Camelback started getting black dots inside the tube.

• dailydR1ver

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:20 AM

is there a way to get rid of the plasticky taste with wooder (as we say near Philly) in the Camelbacks? is there something to put in there to keep mold or fungus from forming? my last Camelback started getting black dots inside the tube.

water in the camelback, cytomax in the canteen. the cytomax is great for preventing muscle cramps but you gotta have water also. a little tip. keep your camelback bladder in the freezer. that will keep the cruds from growing in it.

This is what I do, works great.

• mikewrf18

Posted May 04, 2011 - 12:04 AM

It adds flavor, add a little dust/mud on the nossle and it doesn't taste any better then that! :thumbsup:
Or you can mix gatorade/water 50/50.

• sledog

Posted May 04, 2011 - 05:49 PM

Our group pulls out the bladder to make room for a 6 pack of beer. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.