What do you put in your Camelback

30 replies to this topic
  • s1031

Posted September 30, 2003 - 11:55 AM

I'm looking for a good Rehydration drink to put in my Camelback while I'am riding. I saw a post on TT awhile back but can't find it now. Looking for something without sugar. :)

• Staggalee

Posted September 30, 2003 - 12:02 PM

Water is usually enough, butif you get dehydrated you can drink Pedialite. Works good.

• Bong0deth

Posted September 30, 2003 - 12:06 PM

I use a 70 oz bladder, I fill it with round ice cubes, then pour in a big bottle of gatorade, the ice melts and dilutes the gatorade. lasts 75 miles in hot weather.cold till the end of the ride.. :)

• holeshot426

Posted September 30, 2003 - 12:07 PM

I put Jack Daniels in mine.....

• beezer

Posted September 30, 2003 - 12:15 PM

I knew some immature person would say Jack Daniels.

I prefer a single malt scotch.

If poured on wounds it will disinfect, if you run out of gas you can run your bike on it.

It's also how I ended up in a drainage ditch with a DR400 on top of me at 2 in the morning in the middle of nowhere.

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 30, 2003 - 12:29 PM

Water Water Water

Hydrate the day before with Gatoriad or the other stuff

Water Water Water

You body is made up of 75% water not gatoraid

• tctrailrider

Posted September 30, 2003 - 12:41 PM

Beezer,
The single malt explains alot. I very much enjoyed your post on the YFZ forum, I've been laughing all afternoon about it.
For those who have not seen it check the post about Jetting and YZ timing, on the YZF (quad) forum.

• ill_caper

Posted September 30, 2003 - 12:58 PM

Yes but you also lose more than water while exercising. Pedialite is great and gatorade diluted with water is also really good. Water is fine but at some point you need to replace the electrolytes you lose while exerting energy and perspiring. Better to replace it while your losing it then after. My $.02 :)

• banffboy

Posted September 30, 2003 - 01:17 PM

Cytomax :)

• ill_caper

Posted September 30, 2003 - 01:21 PM

HOw is cytomax? Ive never heard of it. Explain more please.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • banffboy

Posted September 30, 2003 - 02:35 PM

Sports replacement drink, comes in powder form. It can be bought at most cycling shops. It's big with road cyclists. I use it when I'm doing any activity of considerable effort over 2hrs. I also use a product called Endurox which is used for AFTER your activity. Seems to help flush lactic acid build up in your muscles. Once your over 40 you're looking for anything to help that muscle fatigue/soreness :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 30, 2003 - 02:46 PM

Yes but you also lose more than water while exercising. Pedialite is great and gatorade diluted with water is also really good. Water is fine but at some point you need to replace the electrolytes you lose while exerting energy and perspiring. Better to replace it while your losing it then after. My $.02 :)

I use maxxim gell supliment, puts it all back in

Water Water Water

• beezer

Posted September 30, 2003 - 02:57 PM

I use Angelie Jolie's bath water.

It dosn't taste good but think about where it has been.

• ill_caper

Posted September 30, 2003 - 03:43 PM

I use Salma Hayeks bathwater. It tastes great!

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 30, 2003 - 04:00 PM

Liv Tyler has got my vote! I just cant find a camelback big enough to fit her in. I am looking at a 25 gallon size with room for her head, arms and legs to hang out. :) :D :D

• mtrablue

Posted September 30, 2003 - 04:23 PM

water in the camelback, cytomax in the canteen. the cytomax is great for preventing muscle cramps but you gotta have water also. a little tip. keep your camelback bladder in the freezer. that will keep the cruds from growing in it.

• RunAnywhere

Posted September 30, 2003 - 06:17 PM

Two Asprin before the ride, two Asprin in the Camel Back. Great for blood flow and arm pump or cramps. Bad if you're a bleeder.

• teallen3

Posted September 30, 2003 - 07:46 PM

Gatorade only. I drink lots of water in the days before a race and gatorade on the day of the race. Good combo for me. :)

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted September 30, 2003 - 08:04 PM

102oz H2o goes in the bladder
Power Bars, Energy Gel Packs, Beef Jerky, Super Leatherman, TP, Cell Phone, Drivers Lic, Insurance Doc, Registration, extra bite valve, and the trusty sub compact Glock 27 40 cal. w/ a valid CCW lic all go in the pouches. :)

• RichBaker

Posted September 30, 2003 - 09:28 PM

Check out www.ultimareplenisher.com , good stuff, NO SUGAR. They use Stevia leaf extract instead. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and it's been great so far..... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.