400/426 frames interchangable?

5 replies to this topic
  • MrN2OBelvedere

Posted December 23, 2011 - 06:29 PM

I was thinking about buying a frame to have powdercoated for my old 99 yz400. I found a good deal on a 2001 426 frame. Will my 400 parts fit the 2001 frame?

• 2grimjim

Posted December 23, 2011 - 06:47 PM

Yes, just about everyting interchanges on '98-'02 YZ's and WR's. There may be some minor differences. There were a few changes made in '99 and '00. The biggest were to the rear wheel (and maybe the subframe, can't remember).

• Yamaryder29

Posted December 24, 2011 - 04:54 AM

why go through the hassel? Just powdercoat the frame you have now?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MrN2OBelvedere

Posted December 24, 2011 - 05:32 PM

Because I dont want to have all the downtime while I'm waiting on the powdercoating. I can still ride the bike while I'm waiting on that to be finished.

• Yamaryder29

Posted December 25, 2011 - 11:07 AM

Well, here's what I did. I took my bike apart on the weekend, then took the frame to the powdercoat shop. They powdercoated it in a few days. Picked in back up and the following weekend I reassembles the bike. I only missed about 8 days of riding. Seems like a no brainer compaired to spending a couple hundred on a used frame that doesn't match the title.

• 2grimjim

Posted December 25, 2011 - 11:25 AM

a used frame that doesn't match the title.

Maybe he's got a stolen bike.

Just kidding!:bonk:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.