2010 is slow to start after warming up

5 replies to this topic
  • atropine

Posted December 21, 2011 - 05:19 PM

My 2010 only has about 25 hours on it and has been a great bike. I am now riding a little more frequently (had knee surgery earlier this year) and getting more of a feel for it. Lately it has been starting up on the 2nd or 3rd kick when cold, but when the engine is hot it takes sometimes 10-15 kicks. Is this normal? Could this be indicative of valve wear issues? I haven't checked the valves yet; I probably ought to soon just to be safe.

• grayracer513

Posted December 21, 2011 - 05:51 PM

You'll think this is weird, but try pulling the cold start knob on it when starting hot one time, and see what happens.

• thestuz

Posted December 22, 2011 - 12:24 AM

my mates is a biach to start when hot too.
hot start does help :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted December 22, 2011 - 04:47 AM

yep use the knob or:

put in N and crack throttle very slightly and it will fire right up. It work in gear too but not as easy. Be careful it may kick you back!

also set your idle to 2200 min mines at 2400 starts much easier and may not have to use knob or throttle.

• dalonar

Posted December 22, 2011 - 06:20 AM

crack the throttle about a tiny bit, hold it at that spot. don't "pump it" or move it at all. It will start up 1 to 2 kicks every time. If that dosn't work get a programmer and put the woods map on it. starts alot easier

• atropine

Posted December 22, 2011 - 10:11 AM

Thx everyone, will try this weekend.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.