Green oil-------Help

8 replies to this topic
  • blitzer544

Posted September 30, 2003 - 04:32 AM

Ok. I changed my oil yesterday and when I pulled the drain plug the oil was green. I know the first thing I thought of was antifreeze in the oil. If this is so does antifreeze and oil mix? There was no separation of the oil. I have a big ride this weekend and I think I have big trouble. Any one have any ideas?

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 30, 2003 - 05:20 AM

What kind of oil are you using? :)

• blitzer544

Posted September 30, 2003 - 05:25 AM

Kendall 20-50 4-stroke motorcycle oil

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted September 30, 2003 - 02:16 PM

Have you checked your coolant level to see if it has dropped?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GrahamO

Posted September 30, 2003 - 02:58 PM

I'd watch out for Drew's advice. He smokes green stuff. If he asks you for a sample I'd recommend NOT sending him anything.

• unkle_george

Posted September 30, 2003 - 03:05 PM

If you have water in your oil it'll be white or grayish and chunky... not green. (unless you're running straight antifreeze)

Also, if you're getting water in your oil, you're probably also getting oil in your water. Check for that too.
- Ryan

• james_b

Posted October 01, 2003 - 05:19 PM

put some of the oil in a glass jar and shake it up. If it foams there is antifreeze/water in the oil..................

• RichBaker

Posted October 01, 2003 - 07:15 PM

IIRC, Kendall is green colored....

• blitzer544

Posted October 02, 2003 - 05:09 AM

Thanks for the responses. I put the oil in a container and let it sit for hours and checked it. It never separated, so I assume everything is OK. It just really freaked me out when I saw green pour out of the bike. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.