10 450 cutting out (random STILL)

25 replies to this topic
  • iveyyam450f

Posted December 11, 2012 - 06:22 AM

Nope. I think a plugged injector wouldnt be so intermittent. I did take it out and check for debri in it and ran some injector cleaner thru it. It didnt change.

• Monk

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:09 AM

Then my second place to look would be for any wires that have rubbed bare amd might be touching the frame.

• iveyyam450f

Posted December 11, 2012 - 01:18 PM

Ya. I've checked that too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickallen124

Posted December 11, 2012 - 01:52 PM

Is it possible that the fuel tank/fuel pump is hitting the valve cover when you land hard and therefore causing an interruption? I know that kawasaki had their fuel pumps breaking when riders would land hard and the pump would hit the valve cover. Might check to see if there has been any contact.

• grayracer513

Posted December 11, 2012 - 02:57 PM

There have been issues reported (2 or 3) on the '10 models with the fuel pump failing either intermittently or permanently as a result of hard landings. It's unclear whether the tank actually hits anything or not, but some pumps have quit because of it. If you can find a way to tie a pressure gauge into the system and set it up so as to be readable while you ride, it should prove to be instructive.

• iveyyam450f

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately it may be Spring until I get this resolved. I have my ice tires on waiting for the water to freeze and I dont think the problem is going to occur on the ice.(to smooth) Hopefully my buddy will let me borrow parts from his bike for testing. I will update if when I get this resolved

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.