2000 wr400f - stalling?

6 replies to this topic
  • MudPig01

Posted December 19, 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hey guys

I am having a bit of trouble with my wr400. The bike will idle normally but as soon as i open up the throttle, it seems to "konk" out and stall. Kind of sounds like its suffocating from lack of fuel.

I replaced the needle and seat on it today and thats when it started happening. What could i have done wrong to make it not run right?

I tried playing around with the air mixture screw and had no luck there. Could the pilot jet be blocked or something?

Any help or tips is much appreciated and will hopefully save me 150 bucks getting a mech to look at it

Thanks

• allupinsydeyou

Posted December 19, 2011 - 07:54 AM

clean all internals in the carb. sounds like a jet is clogged up not allowing the engine enough fuel to stay alive under load/when throttle is opened.

• 2grimjim

Posted December 22, 2011 - 02:56 PM

Has this bike always had this problem, or is this something new? How long have you owned this machine?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikewrf18

Posted December 25, 2011 - 08:15 AM

I replaced the needle and seat on it today and thats when it started happening.

2grimjim-He stated this in post #1.

• 2grimjim

Posted December 25, 2011 - 11:58 AM

2grimjim-He stated this in post #1.

Oh yeah, I see that now. That's what I get for not wearing my reading glasses when I'm on the computer.:bonk:

Please feel free to mock me at any time........

• mikewrf18

Posted December 26, 2011 - 06:04 AM

Oh yeah, I see that now. That's what I get for not wearing my reading glasses when I'm on the computer.:smirk:

Please feel free to mock me at any time........

:banana: Same to you! :bonk:
OP, chances are you just missed something when replacing your needle and seat. I would go back through and recheck your work. If it was running fine before you messed with it, it is most likely something simple you overlooked.

• mikewrf18

Posted December 26, 2011 - 06:12 AM

Somehow I don't think the OP is coming back, since he hasn't replied. He has the same thread on ADVrider.
Hope you got it figured out Mudpig! :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.