where to ride in Charlott N.C.?

2 replies to this topic
  • TStates

Posted July 26, 2001 - 03:01 PM

I am new to the whole riding scene in the Carolinas, and would like to know if there are any great places to ride trails and dirt roads in the mountains. Does anyone know if there are any hare scrambles comming up in this area. I have never raced, but have ridden dirt formost of my life. I spent last week end in Uwharrie. I road some of the trails but never got out of first because of all the 4WD rigs on the trails. Is ther a place up there for bikes? Anyhelp would be nice. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • daverehm

Posted July 26, 2001 - 05:07 PM

I live in Atlanta but travel to Hickory every other weekend to visit my daughter. Brown Mt is North of Morganton. It is a good place to ride. I was told there are great trails in Gastonia, but I can't seem to get directions to them. They are on private property, but the land owner doesn't mess with the riders.
Let me know if you find them.
Let me know if you want to ride some Sunday afternoon. I drop my daughter off around 1. I could meet and ride around 2 or 3 depending on the location. If we can find the trails in Gastonia, I could meet you there around 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon.
David

------------------
2001 wr250f Scotts Damper, pro tapers, throttle stop removed, baffle removed, yz timing, grey wire cut, dunlop 756's, stock jetting, bars cut 1 1/2 inch each side, bark busters, Clarke tank, yz seat
God Bless

• logg

Posted July 30, 2001 - 02:55 AM

The people at Suzuki of Gastonia are very involved with dirt/trail riding. I'm sure someone could help you find some new places to ride. There is also several places in North Georgia to ride. The Suzuki shop in Gastonia is right off of 85 on Cox rd. exit. Good luck.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.