08 wr 450 refuses to start when cold

ok i have searched and searched and i cant seem to find anything that really matches the issue that im having. the bike has about 50 hours its been un corked and jd jetted and a twin air filter installed. my issue is that when the bike is cold (the first start of the day) it refuses to start. i hafto run the e start for maby 3 minutes (in short bursts) before the bike starts to pop and then eventually if starts. my starting routein is choke and no throttle. the previous owner said it would foul a plug everytime if you even touched the throttle when starting it. i havent tested this because i dont care to ever have to change a plug on this bike again. anybody else have this issue? thanks

To start my 04 cold I put on the choke...give 5 full twists to the throttle and hit the estart with the throttle closed.

Works for me and never fouled a plug.

Try it once and see....and I share your aversion to plug changing on the WR. On my buddies Husky 450 the plug is 100% accessable without touching anything on the bike...now thats what I call proper design.

well i just went out and tried starting the bike exactly as described. hit the throttle 3 times choke on. less than 2 seconds on the e start and she fired right off :bonk:?:banana:? thanks guys. cant believe all of the last 6 months i have been thinking my bike was messed up lol.

Mine can be a PITA to start when below 40 degrees. I changed to a flexible fuel screw so I can tweak it, and it got better. I use the same drill as above, and usually try kicking it first. If it is taking a fit, then I use the estart.