1998 wr400

8 replies to this topic
  • shez

Posted December 18, 2011 - 10:58 AM

eh up all, totally new to this forum, i ride a wr 400 daily on and off road in the uk, i dont have any issues at the moment but good to know you lot are on hand for great advice, just thought id say hello.:bonk:

• 2grimjim

Posted December 18, 2011 - 11:06 AM

I bought a 1999 WR400 brand new and rode the wheels of that damn thing. Once I got the jetting sorted out, it was a great bike!

• ncampion

Posted December 19, 2011 - 09:22 AM

Still riding my 98' WR400. Probably the most reliable WR made.

• 2grimjim

Posted December 19, 2011 - 11:01 AM

Still riding my 98' WR400. Probably the most reliable WR made.

Agreed. The fella I sold the bike to in 2003 rode it until 2006 before puting a clutch in it and adjusting the valves for the first time. The bike was a tank though....sure wish Hot Cams made the auto-compression-release cam when I bought the bike. I might still own it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 748*2Risk

Posted December 19, 2011 - 05:35 PM

Fellow '98 WR400 owner here too. I love this thing, did all the free mod stuff to it - grey wire ect. and it keeps right up with the new bikes. Even got a plate on it for the road!

• d13dkt

Posted December 23, 2011 - 05:58 AM

one more wr400 owner from the uk, ive just got mine aswell, its in supermoto trim at the min, but i have got the enduro kit as well.
great bike ive done all the free mods and the valves recently.
ive just got a new set of plastics and complete sticker kit from my wife as a christmas present.
Posted Image

• Cpriest10

Posted December 23, 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hey I just picked up a 1998 wr400f real cheap the other day. I have figured out the starting and what not and I love it also. Oh and what are the free mods for it?

• shez

Posted December 24, 2011 - 04:45 AM

one more wr400 owner from the uk, ive just got mine aswell, its in supermoto trim at the min, but i have got the enduro kit as well.
great bike ive done all the free mods and the valves recently.
ive just got a new set of plastics and complete sticker kit from my wife as a christmas present.
Posted Image

nice, lets have some photos when the stickers are on. as for the wire mod thing i am not sure if mine is done or not? didnt uk/euro bikes come without this mod needing doing?:bonk:

• d13dkt

Posted December 24, 2011 - 11:21 AM

not sure, i found the wire and took it out, never made any difference. sorting the valve clearances and the carb made the main difference.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.