2011 yzf450 front forks

7 replies to this topic
  • reidy

Posted December 16, 2011 - 12:51 PM

hi! my front forks have cp1 stamped on top of both them beside where you would adjust comp and leave air out, is this cp1 a standard stamp?

• 2grimjim

Posted December 18, 2011 - 10:01 AM

Usually there are no markings on the fork caps as it comes out of the crate. At that I've seen. Is this a used machine? can you post a pic?

• reidy

Posted December 19, 2011 - 12:20 PM

hi! yes its a used bike, was supposodly gareth swanepoles bike he raced at the nations in france earlier in the year, yes will try get pics up as soon as poss. thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 19, 2011 - 03:39 PM

Stampings usually indicate a 'tuning' or 'series' fork setting done by KYB factory tuners.

Maybe you've got "A-series' forks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • reidy

Posted December 19, 2011 - 10:49 PM

i will maybe give them a while then get my suspension man to strip them and have a look!
i originally thought that if bike was gareth swanepoles he would maybe have had his own suspension on an then took it back off again, time will tell.
front forks feel quite stiff, but when on track feel ok, havent had a lot on bike to work anythin out yet.

• fraser

Posted December 20, 2011 - 02:14 AM

CP1- Christof Pourcel?

• reidy

Posted December 24, 2011 - 12:14 AM

would be nice to think these forks were christophe pourcel's but wouldnt these gp guys run larger diamatre etc front forks or would they just change internals?
what bike did christophe pourcel ride in 2011?

• fraser

Posted December 25, 2011 - 03:05 AM

would be nice to think these forks were christophe pourcel's but wouldnt these gp guys run larger diamatre etc front forks or would they just change internals?
what bike did christophe pourcel ride in 2011?

he ran the yam for about 2 nationals before he went back to Europe I think.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.