WR 450 primary gear

6 replies to this topic
  • KTMFarmer

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:20 PM

I am doing some work over the winter on my 2005 WR450. I am trying to remove the primary gear and I am having no luck removing the nut. I just broke the tip on my Cornwell screwdriver by wedging it between the gears while trying to loosen the nut.:bonk: Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the gears from turning in order to remove the nut. Thanks

• The Hopper Show

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:33 PM

gear puller?

• MANIAC998

Posted December 16, 2011 - 04:31 AM

Use something soft instead. I like to use a penny. It'll deform enough to get bound up and stop the gears from turning. Just make sure you don't forget it!!! Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamRZ350

Posted December 16, 2011 - 04:51 AM

Lead sinker, Motion Pro sells a nice wedge tool, or just zap it with a rattle gun.

• bg10459

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:46 AM

Definitely use something soft to jamb between the gears...

• KTMFarmer

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:07 PM

I did the penny-impact wrench trick and it popped right off. THANKS

• zibbit u2

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:53 PM

I'd say use a penny and a 2ft breaker bar. I think the penny fell out because in between the pulses of the gun it removes tension... so.. that's when it would fall out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.