Help with my new 2009 wr450

3 replies to this topic
  • pobenda

Posted December 13, 2011 - 09:21 PM

I just got a 2009 WR450. I currently have a 2006 WR450. My question is are the parts different between the bikes? I have a factory connection suspension setup on my 06 and want to put it on my 09. I know the part numbers don't match but are different by 1 number. I know the exhaust won't work but I don't want to lose my custom suspension and rekluse core exp clutch. Any answers?

• The Hopper Show

Posted December 13, 2011 - 11:19 PM

stick with the '06 :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cw259

Posted December 22, 2011 - 11:44 AM

Don't mean to steal yr thread but im lookin at gettin a wr450, is the newer aluminum frame worth it? Or is there not any difference from the steel frame?

• 2grimjim

Posted December 22, 2011 - 02:20 PM

I just got a 2009 WR450. I currently have a 2006 WR450. My question is are the parts different between the bikes? I have a factory connection suspension setup on my 06 and want to put it on my 09. I know the part numbers don't match but are different by 1 number. I know the exhaust won't work but I don't want to lose my custom suspension and rekluse core exp clutch. Any answers?

Your forks will swap no problem. The '06 WR shock will fit in your '09 no problem but the '09 shock may have interfereance problems in the '06 frame (the N2 reservoir on the '09 shock is about 1/2 inch bigger in daimeter and 1/2 inch longer than the '06 shock). The only real difference is the front brake caliper and mounting holes are different (you might double check).

Your Core EXP clutch should swap no problem either.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.