rear shock linkage seals

1 reply to this topic
  • DezRaCeR249

Posted December 13, 2011 - 06:04 PM

i have a 2004 wr 450 and i have had it since it was new and i took off the rear shock and linkage today and went to replace the seals and grease the bearing. I could not get the seals out for anything! they seemed like the rubber was hardened and i tried and tried but nothing. the bearing grease also was hard. what would you suggest on getting them out? also in the seals are there metal like rings that are inside the seal itself? thanks a picture to show what im talking about

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted December 14, 2011 - 06:50 AM

Those seals can be a bugger to get out if somewhat hardened. A nice somewhat flat blade screwdriver gently inserted straight in and pried straight up should pop those seals out. Long handled leverage.

The metal rings are simple tension braids. Often they will be cut or frayed. Believe the part number for the seal is 93109-20076-00

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.