Guts Racing Soft Foam

2 replies to this topic
  • mcpga

Posted December 13, 2011 - 03:42 PM

I just replaced the stock seat foam on my street legal '03 WR450 with the Guts Racing "soft" seat foam. It feels like your sitting on a pillow compared to the stock seat. I rarely sit when riding off-road, but for the pavement it's nice.

FYI - When re-installing the seat cover do yourself a favor and get an air powered 20 gauge wide stapler. It makes life much, much easier. I bought a cheap one from Harbor Freight for $19.99 and it worked great plus it shoots standard staple gun T-50 staples.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mefesto

Posted December 14, 2011 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the info. I just took my new Guts seat foam to the upholsterer and can't wait to ride on it. My butt can't take the stock seat for two 8 hour days back to back.

• Leardriver

Posted December 15, 2011 - 11:29 AM

Great advice.

The stock seat ruins an otherwise excellent bike. A $50 seat foam from Guts absolutely transforms it.

Guts make a comfort version for the Honda, which is even an inch wider, and it is heaven for the buttocular region. If they make one for the WR, it is the way to go.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.