gytr power tuner

13 replies to this topic
  • reidy

Posted December 13, 2011 - 01:50 PM

thinking of buying a tuner, are they easy/simple enough to work?

• glenn77

Posted December 13, 2011 - 07:53 PM

I got one with my bike. It took me 45 minutes or so to load 9 maps out of MXA and off this site onto it. It only takes seconds to change the map on your bike once its plugged in. All the maps that I loaded onto my tuner had a description of how they change your engine, I wrote that down on the manual so I know which one I'm going to try. For now I'm using the map that eases the hit down low, next year I'm going to try them all. It's very easy to use.

• HRC

Posted December 15, 2011 - 11:38 PM

Very very easy to use. And fun for that matter...

• reidy

Posted December 16, 2011 - 10:47 AM

do i have to download programmes onto power tuner? does it cost for downloads?
here in uk they are about £230 pounds so mite wait til new year and get one from usa!

• grayracer513

Posted December 16, 2011 - 11:12 AM

Programs, or maps if you will, are entered manually. You can either use the ones listed in the sticky in this forum or make up your own as you go. Costs nothing, and as I recall the tuner can store up to 9 maps that can be selected and loaded into the ECU. The ECU will only hold and utilize one at a time.

• reidy

Posted December 16, 2011 - 12:47 PM

sounds good, will def have to try one!
it sounds simple enough to use and could be good fun. thanx guys.

• dalonar

Posted December 16, 2011 - 04:48 PM

fun, good tool to use for maint...very easy and straightforward to update/enter maps. One thing i wish i could lable maps but a cheat sheet in the gytr box keeps my map numbers organized

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sir speedy

Posted December 26, 2011 - 05:55 PM

Just bought a programmer - its on the way now. My question is how do you hook it up? Does the little black harness on the bike slide down or up? It looks like its mounted to a metal clip> Do you pinch the bottom and slide up or what? Don't want to do anything until I know for sure. Thanks in advance.

• Bulldog5150

Posted December 26, 2011 - 07:56 PM

Agree completely with Glen....tuner is easy and fun! I think the other manufactures miss the boat by not having a comparable device!

• tech24

Posted December 27, 2011 - 05:15 AM

Just bought a programmer - its on the way now. My question is how do you hook it up? Does the little black harness on the bike slide down or up? It looks like its mounted to a metal clip> Do you pinch the bottom and slide up or what? Don't want to do anything until I know for sure. Thanks in advance.

pull out on the little tap sticking out and pull the harness connector out of the plastic retainer (not the metal clip)

• HRC

Posted December 27, 2011 - 12:02 PM

Works the same both on the tuner and bike...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• sir speedy

Posted December 28, 2011 - 10:39 AM

Thank you Thank You Thank You

• reidy

Posted December 29, 2011 - 11:22 PM

thats power tuner ordered, cany wait til it comes.

• Iaskdumbquestions

Posted August 31, 2014 - 12:58 PM

Works the same both on the tuner and bike...

tuner1.jpg

tuner2.jpg

please repost these pics

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.