Crash Protection

7 replies to this topic
  • Dirt4me

Posted September 29, 2003 - 10:08 AM

Could anybody recommend where to find some guards or braces to protect the radiators on the XR650R? I'm not finding too much with Google.

• redmanrandyed

Posted September 29, 2003 - 10:31 AM

Rocky Mountain MC has some Devol radiator guards that look like they would do the job well. Their site is http://www.rockymoun...?SID=0003155081 and the link for the radiator guards is Devol+Extreme+Radiator+Guards~~~' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.rockymoun...iator Guards~~~
Santa will be bringing me some of these guards for Christmas!!! :) That is if Mrs. Clause will let him!!!

• secretatlas

Posted September 30, 2003 - 08:10 AM

based on rockett's advice i installed the factory connection guards after i had my radiators straightened by fontana radiator works. they went on easy and don't restrict airflow like some of the other guards.

not sure on the strength since i haven't had a radiator smashing get off yet (knock on wood).

• Dirt4me

Posted September 30, 2003 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

Secretatlas: Is that Works Connection you're referring to? Or is there also a company called Factory Connection?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • secretatlas

Posted September 30, 2003 - 08:40 AM

whoops. it's early for me. yeah, i meant works connection. see they are so sano i don't even notice them!

• Rokatt88

Posted September 30, 2003 - 11:14 AM

They are niiice and sano aren't they? Have the frame guards as well for that little extra panache! :)

• Big_D

Posted September 30, 2003 - 09:18 PM

I like the Works Connection guards better than the Devols for this one reason. The stock plastic rad guards absorb more energy from the rocks in your buddy's roost than the Devol guards and the holes in the Devol let more rocks/dirt have a strait shot to the fins. I have a riding buddy and his WR400 rads had a lot of crushed fins from rocks. He complained alot about BRP roost too! :)

Both the Works Connection and the Devol do a great job of protecting the rads, I just prefer the Works...

• Dirt4me

Posted October 01, 2003 - 08:19 AM

Rocks and roost aside, how well do the Works Connection vs. the Devol guards protect against side impacts? If the bike is laid down, will the Works Connection offer any protection??

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.