WR 426 flywheel weights?

2 replies to this topic
  • Jimiwalt

Posted December 13, 2011 - 07:02 AM

I just bought this bike and it seemed fine on the test drive but now that I'm trying to use it for what I bought it for at home it's trying to kill me.
There is an enduro race that cross's my property and I want to run it next year. The course is mostly trees, rocks, mud and not much open space. I need more forgiving low end. Flywheel weights were available through Terry Cable but are not any more. Anyone know who to contact or what can be done?
This is why I opted for the WR not the YZ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zrxer

Posted December 14, 2011 - 05:23 AM

Hmmm... My 426 is more than happy to creep along at a snails pace in tight 1st gear terrain.
How much do you know about this bike? Could someone have done the YZ mod on it or something?

Steahly has a weight for the YZ400F here: http://www.steahlyof...eel-weight.html
Maybe it could be adapted to your WR.

• Jimiwalt

Posted December 14, 2011 - 05:46 AM

I know next to nothing about the bike. I bought it over the summer and have played with sprockets, disconnected the rev limiter, and put tires on it.
Terry Cable gave me the name of Steahly's and he said he doesn't know of a way to do it, the ignition system on the 01 WR is different in some way.
He does agree however that this is what I need.
The bike is very fast so there may be something to your YZ theory.
Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.