08 WR450F Clutch switch

2 replies to this topic
  • Sinman

Posted December 13, 2011 - 04:23 AM

Hello all, I have just picked up a 2008 WR450F and the PO had replaced the stock clutch lever with an after market one and has removed the clutch switch. I have searched to find the location of this where it plugs in so i can bypass it and be able to start it while in gear (while holding the clutch in of course). Does anyone know where this connector is (behind the headlight I assume)

Update with a picture of where I think it should go... one of these connectors?

Posted Image

Edited by Sinman, December 13, 2011 - 05:27 AM.
Picture added

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Troy35

Posted December 13, 2011 - 08:12 PM

Your photo is the correct, it is the smaller one on the right. I don't understand what you are looking for. With it unplugged it functions just like you are asking about. You will be able to start it in gear with it unplugged, just make sure the clutch is pulled in like you said.
I have an after market clutch perch and no clutch switch....not a problem so far.

• Sinman

Posted December 14, 2011 - 03:45 AM

The problem is that it will not start in gear with the clutch pulled in because there is no switch. I can start it if I put it in neutral. I will jumper the connector and I am sure that it will start in gear.

Thanks for the info.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.