A few questions

3 replies to this topic
  • Stealth13

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:30 AM

What is the top speed of EACH gear in stock form? Just for a reference of what speed to shift at when driving easy or hard.

Also the previous owner said the only mod he did was open throttle is like a yz. What would he mean by this?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 12, 2011 - 12:49 PM

What is the top speed of EACH gear in stock form? Just for a reference of what speed to shift at when driving easy or hard.

Also the previous owner said the only mod he did was open throttle is like a yz. What would he mean by this?

The owners manual has a 'shifting chart' in it, but you just go by your gut: you can shift early or late in the rpms, but there is a 'sweet spot' of power that you will find as you ride it more.
My guess:

The reference is to a 'throttle stop' that prevented full throttle.

Did he mention jetting too? GYT kit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdevil72

Posted December 12, 2011 - 12:54 PM

shift it when it quits pulling thats my motto

• Stealth13

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:46 PM

I'll have to ask if he did a kit to it. I think it was just throttle stop?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.