Rideng. Steering Dampner

6 replies to this topic
  • Yamiryder

Posted December 10, 2011 - 06:57 PM

Rideng. makes a bracket to put a Show steering dampner off of a Honda onto a 10-12 yz450...Does anyone know if they are going to make one to work on an 06-09 yz450 or how hard it would be to make one of these work on an 06-09. I'm kind of interested in it, as it is much cheaper than a scotts, and I don't need a lot of damping.

Edited by Yamiryder, December 11, 2011 - 06:54 PM.
added link

• Yamiryder

Posted December 13, 2011 - 03:04 PM

• grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2011 - 03:45 PM

Someone here made their own, but it involves relocating the CDI. Search for it. IMO, the Honda style damper is just not worth bothering with.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdevil72

Posted December 13, 2011 - 03:51 PM

Why would you waste your time, just get a scotts and be done with it.

• RiderX

Posted December 13, 2011 - 04:01 PM

Why would you waste your time, just get a scotts and be done with it.

X eleventy billion, the Honda OE stabilizer is a joke.

If you're worried about the height of the bars then you can get one of the low profile options, like the GPR V4, or get the RTT stabilizer, which is a triple clamp with a built in stabilizer.

Scotts is my stabilizer of choice.

• Yamiryder

Posted December 13, 2011 - 05:50 PM

Alright, i was just wondering. looks like i might save up for a scotts then.:bonk:

• ofrdrcr

Posted December 15, 2011 - 07:23 AM

Put one on my 09 from a company and had to send it off to get revalved right away. Works alot better, but!!! I would get a scotts if I had to do it again. Looks trick though.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.