California-Central

District 36 Prairie City Grand Prix

14 replies to this topic
  • ninja187

Posted December 09, 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hello All,
Well i know im a little early but already started thinking about the Prairie City Grand Prix in January. Been reading alot about it on old posts but need some fresh information for 2012.This will be the first Grand Prix ive run but feel confident. I was just wondering if anyone else planned to run it and tell/show me the ropes and what it is all about,( I.E. resets, possibles, time keeping, minutes, burning a checkpoint) have no one to go with so will be running the race solo probably. Will have my ama membership, district 36 membership etc. Any info and i mean ANY information will be very appreciated. Thanks

• keithh2oskier

Posted December 09, 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hello All,
Well i know im a little early but already started thinking about the Prairie City Grand Prix in January. Been reading alot about it on old posts but need some fresh information for 2012.This will be the first Grand Prix ive run but feel confident. I was just wondering if anyone else planned to run it and tell/show me the ropes and what it is all about,( I.E. resets, possibles, time keeping, minutes, burning a checkpoint) have no one to go with so will be running the race solo probably. Will have my ama membership, district 36 membership etc. Any info and i mean ANY information will be very appreciated. Thanks

Well it sounds like your confusing the Grand Prix with the enduros.

The good news is that the cross country series (hare scrambles and grand prix) are much more simple than the enduros. Go as fast as you can from start to finish... :lol: There are no resets, possibles, time keeping like you listed above.

You will want to read the rule book before hand if this is your first hare scramble. Click me for the D36 rulebook

You will want to read about the cross country series including what class to enter (engine size vs age group). Its also good to look at the backgrounds to make sure they meet what you need for your class. I think C class is black #'s on a white background.

Obviously your bike needs to be up on registration and make sure you have a spark arrestor and you meet the maximum dB level.

As the even gets closer (early Jan) there will be a flyer with lots of good info like when your race starts, what you need, costs, etc.

Just remember to have fun...

• ninja187

Posted December 09, 2011 - 06:35 PM

hey man thanks alot i guess i got overwhelmed with all the threads i was reading and got crossed up :lol: yeah i started to read the rule book so hopefully i will be fully prepared when i go. What about pits..... can you pit for gas etc....

• infamy

Posted December 09, 2011 - 07:01 PM

the adult races will be sunday january 15th. it should just be a 1.5 hour race , so no need to pit for gas. i think last year the course was about 12 miles long and most of the c class did about 3 laps.

just get there at least 1 1/2 hours early to give yourself enough time to sign up and get your bike inspected. dont worry about putting numbers on your bike. if its your 1st time they will give you temp numbers to put on your plates and helmet. you can rent ($15) or buy ($30) a transponder at the race. bring some zip tyes so you can attach the transponder to your chest protector or wherever you decide to put it.

this was my 1st ever race last year and i loved it :lol: its a good race to do for your 1st one.

• Unkle_Moose

Posted December 09, 2011 - 08:03 PM

I just posted the flyer for the PCGP on the D36 website. www.ama-d36.org or click on the link.

http://www.ama-d36.o...er_by_AnDee.pdf

Kraig Traum

• Unkle_Moose

Posted December 09, 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hello All,

If you have any questions about D36 Cross Country Series and Racing you can give me a call between 5pm-9pm M-F and 11am-5pm Sat-Sun

Kraig Traum
D36 CC Steward
925-260-0315

• OldeDude

Posted January 06, 2012 - 08:02 AM

It's getting close to PCGP time!

The Prairie City Grand Prix, the D36 Season Opener, is just a little over a week away! The weather forecast looks good so far, so it should be a great weekend for racing!

Posted Image

• infamy

Posted January 07, 2012 - 05:50 PM

well at least it wont be muddy! :smirk:

• kyosho

Posted January 08, 2012 - 04:24 PM

The dist 36 are real bunch of nice guys and gals. very friendly and helpful.
I miss racing at there events, but don't have the money too make it a races no more. :smirk:

• meyer1son

Posted January 13, 2012 - 08:51 PM

This will be my first race. Will a stock yz250f tank make it 3 laps C class?

Chris

• yzhooligan

Posted January 14, 2012 - 12:06 PM

This will be my first race. Will a stock yz250f tank make it 3 laps C class?

Chris

Same here. I will be on a yz250f. From what I have read in previous posts and in my searches, yes, a stock tank should be fine.

So that I understand correctly - we are simply racing 3 laps till the checkered flag and thats it? I thought it was a timed 1 1/2hr race. If so, then how does that work... what if I pass the line at 1 hr 25 minutes going on my 4th lap, then at 1 hr 30 the checkered flag goes up..and the next guy stops and doesn't have to do another lap?? And so they just use the transponders to see how many laps we did in that time period or something?

• infamy

Posted January 14, 2012 - 07:23 PM

Same here. I will be on a yz250f. From what I have read in previous posts and in my searches, yes, a stock tank should be fine.

So that I understand correctly - we are simply racing 3 laps till the checkered flag and thats it? I thought it was a timed 1 1/2hr race. If so, then how does that work... what if I pass the line at 1 hr 25 minutes going on my 4th lap, then at 1 hr 30 the checkered flag goes up..and the next guy stops and doesn't have to do another lap?? And so they just use the transponders to see how many laps we did in that time period or something?

youre correct, if you pass the finish at 1:25 , you do another lap.

• novaman64

Posted January 15, 2012 - 08:55 PM

It was a great ride. Thanks to Polka Dots for putting on a fun event, had a blast on the cement sections! Was doing a little over 86mph down the long straight, needed another gear, yeee haw!

Last scramble I rode must have been over 5-6 yrs ago so it was a blast, kinda nice not having PC a soggy mucky mess too!

Edited by novaman64, January 15, 2012 - 08:56 PM.

• McGagin

Posted January 15, 2012 - 11:13 PM

Any one have any idea when they will post results?

Had a blast and can't wait for the next round at E-Street. I haven't been this sore for a long time and I've never ran better at a Hare Scramble than I did today. What a great time and I couldnt agree more....I welcome a ride with a little dust for a change over 2 foot slop holes and an extra 50lbs of mud hanging on the bike. Can't say I did 86mph on those straights but damn was I trying!

• novaman64

Posted January 17, 2012 - 06:35 AM

Results are posted...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.