oil pressure

4 replies to this topic
  • tomtom1

Posted December 09, 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi all maybe a daft question but iv'e just done oil and filter change on my
03 wr450 as per manual and it says to slighly loosen the 8mm head bolt near the bajo bolt for 1 minute to get oil there, my question is iv'e done this
and oil is seeping out but no pressure as such, is this wright or
should oil squirt out under pressure? Thanks

• zlathim

Posted December 09, 2011 - 08:45 AM

It is supposed to just seep out. Mine didn't squirt out under pressure either.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted December 10, 2011 - 02:24 PM

It is just a safety step to ensure you are getting oil to the top of the motor. It should just seep out.

• tomtom1

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:49 AM

Thanks fellas just thought i best check you never know,
the last off road i had you just unscrewed the drain bund let oil go refit bung and fill up
with new oil, cant beleive how many bolts, pipes, etc you have to undo to change oil

• loco4x4

Posted December 12, 2011 - 03:24 PM

On my '02 WR426, the book says to do that too. I loosened it a bit too much, started the motor, and before I got my eyes looking in there, a crapload of oil had already squirted out all over the motor. What a mess. Just barely loosen it, err towards snug and after starting, give it a turn towards loose. By then oil should be coming out and you can tighten it right away..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.