BK"s Carb. Mod/Yamaha Stock Settings

3 replies to this topic
  • YZThump

Posted July 24, 2001 - 02:27 PM

Hi Guys,Before I start drilling on this carb I just wanted to hear from some of you to see how much this changed things and how you jetted to make up for the duration of the squirt. Just thinking out loud it seems kinda rich for an average Joe like me 168/48
or is this to replace the fuel that is lost from the shortening of the squirt? Timmy is a go-fast guy do you think Yamaha purposely set these up on the rich side from the factory just in case one fell into the hands of a go-fast guy?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 25, 2001 - 06:42 PM

Wish I could help you out but I trashed my knee right after I modified mine and never got it dialed in right. It seemed to be too lean with the stock jeting so I think the richer setting are necessary.
Can anyone else help out with the jetting they are running with this mod?????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boomer

Posted July 26, 2001 - 02:15 AM

I'm waiting for the pics before I do mine - which I DO want to do because my bike still has a small hesitation.

• MrMXer

Posted July 26, 2001 - 03:18 AM

The scoot seems to be a bit more sensitive to climate conditions after the Mod. When the weather is warm and humid in Pa (90's and the air is thick enought to cut), The BK jetting spec's are a bit rich. I plan to drop the main one size and see if that clears it up.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.