got my dirt bike

8 replies to this topic
  • MotoMan217

Posted July 24, 2001 - 09:50 PM

its final, i went in today and payed for my dirt bike. im having Tag T2 bars put on it. and a different graphics kit. i cant wait till i get it!

• MotoMan217

Posted July 24, 2001 - 10:30 AM

also i bought some Yamalube....anyone else run that? its only $3 a bottle which i think is good.

• DaveJ

Posted July 24, 2001 - 11:58 AM

Now it's a matter of whether you'll be able to sleep at nights.

I still have to pop my head into the garage before I depart to work each day, just for a quick look.

And yes, Yamalube is good stuff.

• eBayThumper

Posted July 24, 2001 - 01:35 PM

Way to go MotoMan,

If you're like me you will become even more consumed with motorcycles now. I can't hardly concentrate on other tasks...I'm consumed with visions of the front tire in the air, beautiful deep blue colors, and the sound of thunder...

Ride on brother! You did a good thing...let me know how the t2s work out I may get the same.

J

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted July 24, 2001 - 01:56 PM

Yamalube is supposed to be very good, are you sure that it's the 4R stuff for only $3/bottle? If so, where are you getting it for that price?

• MotoMan217

Posted July 24, 2001 - 02:22 PM

on the bottle it says "YAMALUBE" then under that it says like 4-cycle engine oil
SAE 20W-40/API SJ
Non-Friction Modified

that the same stuff you get?

• yzernie

Posted July 24, 2001 - 04:54 PM

I have been usung the 20W-40 since I got my first YZF at the end of 97. I change the oil after every two riding hours and have never had an oil related failure (or any other failure for that matter). It is cheaper tahn the 4R and as long as you change it frequently, it is not an issue.

Ernie

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 25, 2001 - 02:21 AM

MotoMan,

I have been unable to find yamalube around here. Even the Yamaha dealers don't carry it in my area (strange), so I've been using the Golden Spectro 20-50w synthetic blend oil. Can be had for $5-$6.50/qt here depending on where you go. I need to find a cheaper place to get it. There is an oil distribution warehouse near where I work where I can get Mobile synthetic oil for much cheaper than you can get it in the store, but I am trying to stick to motorcycle specific oil if I can. I have to check to see if they carry this type of oil too.

• Boomer

Posted July 27, 2001 - 01:26 AM

try chaparral-racing.com for the Yamahalube. It's about $3.00/qt.

I run the 20-40 with frequent changes.

Boomer

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.