KTM GPR V3 on a YZF?

5 replies to this topic
  • Streamline

Posted December 07, 2011 - 09:02 PM

I picked up a GPR V3 for a KTM (the whole $550 kit) from a friend for cheap. The GPR part number for this damper is 6006-0001.

I have a YZ450F with a 06 front end. What will I need to mount it to my bike?

Is this what i'm looking for? It doesn't have much information.

http://www.motorcycl...WT.ac=SLIsearch

Thanks!

Tyler

• bg10459

Posted December 08, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Yep, something like that and the damper post should do the trick....

• Streamline

Posted December 08, 2011 - 07:23 PM

Yep, something like that and the damper post should do the trick....

One for a YZF I'm guessing correct? And any idea where I could get one? :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted December 08, 2011 - 09:37 PM

I'm sorry, I should have asked more questions. If you're using the oem 7/8" top triple clamp, you would have to find a 7/8" stabilizer mount similar to what you linked to, but made for the Yamaha. Unfortunately, it's not very likely. The next option would be a Pro Taper top clamp with 1-1/8 bar mounts and the stabilizer mount you linked. Finally, you could try contacting GPR and see if they will sell just their mount (combined stabilizer & bar mount) for you to install on an aftermarket top clamp. In all cases you will need a post. I would recommend a weld-on post, but bolt on posts are available, too.

• Streamline

Posted December 08, 2011 - 09:47 PM

I'm sorry, I should have asked more questions. If you're using the oem 7/8" top triple clamp, you would have to find a 7/8" stabilizer mount similar to what you linked to, but made for the Yamaha. Unfortunately, it's not very likely. The next option would be a Pro Taper top clamp with 1-1/8 bar mounts and the stabilizer mount you linked. Finally, you could try contacting GPR and see if they will sell just their mount (combined stabilizer & bar mount) for you to install on an aftermarket top clamp. In all cases you will need a post. I would recommend a weld-on post, but bolt on posts are available, too.

No problem, I actually have a 06 Front end on my 04 YZ450F so it has the stock 06 1-1/8 bars/clamps. So then basicly I would need the post (along with what I linked) correct? And is the post attached to the frame or front end? Aka do I need one for a 06 or 04? Lastly can those be bought aftermarket or anything like that? I tried to cantact GPR by email but they want $180 plus shipping just for the mounting kit. :lol:

• bg10459

Posted December 09, 2011 - 05:50 AM

The post is welded to the frame between the tank and steering head or is on a ring clamped to the steering head just under the triple clamp, i.e. for an '04. As long as the spacing (side to side) is the same on the stock yamaha bar mounts, the Pro Taper stabilizer mount would be all you'd need to mount the GPR on top of the bars. The GPR mount for $180 should replace your bar mounts (if they are removable) or mount to an aftermarket triple clamp and would allow you to put the GPR under the bars. :lol:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.