84 Honda XL100S To convert to XR

2 replies to this topic
  • wleonard1

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

I just bought a 1984 Honda XL 100S and want to convert to an XR, by taking off all the lights, switch, speedometer etc. How can I do. What do i need to do to accomplish this task before X-mas.

Do I need any other parts from a donor bike to do this?

Please Help Me. This is a bike for my wife for X-mas

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ickfinger

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

pretty simple task, simply unbolt the vulnerable parts and pack them away in a safe place. You will find electrical connections under the seat and inside the headlight that will need to be disconnected. you will also have to trace the wires back to kill/ignition switch and keep those connected. I have seen countless of these bikes with the lighting kits removed and lost rendering their value as a dualsport in the toilet. Please do your best not to let that happen to your little gem, as im sure buying a more common xr would have been cheaper than a still "street legal" xl is!!!!!Take good care of those take offs and dont let them go seperate ways from the bike and title.....

• Adler

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

pretty simple task, simply unbolt the vulnerable parts and pack them away in a safe place. You will find electrical connections under the seat and inside the headlight that will need to be disconnected. you will also have to trace the wires back to kill/ignition switch and keep those connected. I have seen countless of these bikes with the lighting kits removed and lost rendering their value as a dualsport in the toilet. Please do your best not to let that happen to your little gem, as im sure buying a more common xr would have been cheaper than a still "street legal" xl is!!!!!Take good care of those take offs and dont let them go seperate ways from the bike and title.....

oooooor, you can send me all the lights you take off so that I can turn my XRed XL back into a dual sport! (yaay)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

'02 XR200 Adventure/Mountain Bike by mx4god

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR/CRF 80-200
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda CRF80F 2012 by ThumperTalk

Honda CRF80F 2012
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Valve Seal Problem by SouthShore_Boy

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

CRF 80 XR 80 Suspension Rear Shock Fix by WAKTMRider

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

1986 XR80 From used to brand new restoration. by Jase99

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.