2012 yz450f needs a pipe and some mapping

9 replies to this topic
  • cbyz23

Posted December 06, 2011 - 06:05 PM

I ride mostly desert and a little track (pretty aggressively). I would love some to hear some feed back on which pipe and mapping would give me the best performance in this situation.This bike is Bad! she is just about broken in and I'm looking to make her scream. thanks!

• rcmxracing

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:38 AM

I like the Yosh RS4, spreads out the power, very linear. I ride MX and although I haven't ridden in the desert since I lived in AZ as a kid I suspect a linear power feel is what you would want. The only other pipe I have tried is the Dr. D. Great for MX, more punchy low/mid is how it felt. Lot's of choices for the GYTR tuner, but the power band will never compare to the broad feel a carb gives you IMHO.

• tech24

Posted December 08, 2011 - 05:04 AM

pro-circuit, yoshi, or check out MRD slip-on. Try jaymarmont map with tuner.

• Light-Foot

Posted March 26, 2012 - 07:01 PM

same here guys i got a 2012 yz450f and im pretty use to the powerband now i need sumtin that hits hard all around.

• galligar

Posted March 26, 2012 - 08:20 PM

14-1 piston,ported head,&vp u4 or gtyr head,&piston ,u4,&yosh pipe ,very strong top to bottom.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe846

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:58 PM

Advancing the ignition and leaning out the fuel at high rpm's/mid-high throttle on the power tuner has worked for me. I ran a modified woods map at low rpm's and marmot map at high rpm's and it seems to chug well, lift the front wheel more readily, and pull more up top.

I'm running a powercore slip on and gytr flywheel weight, if that info helps.

Have you tried running the smooth map or sharp map? Those two will give you a pretty good idea of what you're actually looking for in practice. Good luck!

• HRC

Posted March 27, 2012 - 08:02 AM

I actually prefer the stock 2012 map on this years bike. I have the Cycra powerflow radiatorshrouds and complete FMF factory 4.1 RCT exhaust system and together with the -12 stock map this bike has one of the best EFI powerbands I've ever ridden ! It is so crisp and nice to use. I'm super happy with this bike right now.

I can really recommend the FMF system.

• honda907

Posted March 29, 2012 - 07:01 PM

I actually prefer the stock 2012 map on this years bike. I have the Cycra powerflow radiatorshrouds and complete FMF factory 4.1 RCT exhaust system and together with the -12 stock map this bike has one of the best EFI powerbands I've ever ridden ! It is so crisp and nice to use. I'm super happy with this bike right now.

I can really recommend the FMF system.

I got a new 2012, and i thought it was just a tick slower than my 2010 bike. Seemed to rev slower and all, but I guess since they took that bark out, it just seems slower. Otherwise, I set the bike up the same way as my other bike, and like always, it feels like it has works suspension. I always thought they pulled well on top, but everyone said not. Then I saw a MXA article and hell, the bike had good horsepower numbers. Guess it goes to show why I pay to ride a bike and others get Paid to ride bikes! If I was a betting man, I would have bet the 2012 was less powerful and slower, but it only Appears to be that way, so you can concentrate on going faster! Does that make any sense??

• josh8811

Posted March 29, 2012 - 07:17 PM

All you really need is a slip on...I've read a lot that there's almost no gain from aftermarket headers.. I've got an akra, gytr tuner, 2 teeth in the rear, and a fly wheel weight.. Can't imagine wanting a faster bike..

I ride 80% desert and 20% track

• josh8811

Posted March 29, 2012 - 07:18 PM

The best mod of all is a rekluse core exp

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.