$1 Bike to bike communication - Fry's Electronics

4 replies to this topic
  • Naru

Posted September 28, 2003 - 02:00 PM

This is a post for anyone (especially in San Diego) that has a Fry's Electronics close to their house. I had been wanting a cheap helmet communication sys. for quite some time, and coincidentally, Fry's has all the parts on sale for $1 PER BIKE after rebate(including radio!!). So, here it goes. Right now, Fry's has 2-packs of Columbia FRS22 GMRS radios on sale from 39.99 down to 25.00 with a 25.00 rebate (or free in other words). Also, they have Coby CV-M15 hands-free earphone/microphone setups on sale from $12.99 down to $0.99. So, after the radio rebate, each communication system costs you $1.00! Now, you do need to use the PTT button on the radio itself to communicate (instead of VOX), but it does have a belt clip that can hold the system to your chest protector. It may not be a baja designs communication kit, but its a buck, and a really good way to introduce all of your buddies to in-helmet communication.

Also, I should mention that the Coby is INCREDIBLY easy to dissasemble down to the wires, so routing it through your pads shouldn't be hard.

• XR650Rocketman

Posted September 28, 2003 - 07:38 PM

We have Fry's right here in Central Texas....I'll check them out in the morning.

Steve Smith

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Naru

Posted September 28, 2003 - 07:53 PM

Oh.. I wasn't aware there were Fry's outside of California. Post was edited accordingly. Thanks. :)

• Greg555

Posted December 06, 2004 - 05:58 PM

theres one here

<==== here

• craft

Posted December 06, 2004 - 11:39 PM

Now that's funny. :cry:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.