2011 YZ450f Milkshake out of over flow

4 replies to this topic
  • APlusAutoParts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 05:47 AM

I was at the track saturday and when i took my bike off the stand i noticed a milky looking fluid on the stand. Upon inspection the fluid was coming out of what i believe is the crank case vent tube, the big one on the left side of the bike that air always blows out of. The fluid came out looking white but when it pooled on the ground it had a green shade and also smelt like gas. I have the ice stuff in the radiator which is blue so i cant see where the green is coming from. I have not pulled anything apart yet as i was busy yesterday. I would like everyones opinion i will probably pull it apart either tonight or tomorow.

• grayracer513

Posted December 05, 2011 - 07:53 AM

Is there any of the water emulsion in the oil? If not, then the goo is simply condensation that gathered in the breather tube as the bike cooled off last time. Common this time of year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • carl_kxf250

Posted December 05, 2011 - 09:01 AM

my 06 250f did that alot. never had a problem

• APlusAutoParts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 09:19 AM

no there is nothing in the oil it seems fine but remember i said it smells like gas which is really throwing me off

• grayracer513

Posted December 05, 2011 - 09:46 AM

The oil smells like gas because of the low ambient temperatures. The coolant may not ever be getting beyond 120 degrees in the current weather, and the fuel system compensates by running extra rich. Covering one radiator helps.

Search a thread by member Tech24 with the keyword "thermostat".

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.