New YZ450F too much?

53 replies to this topic
  • NewYZ450FRida

Posted December 09, 2011 - 12:49 AM

I talked to Eddie Sisneros on the phone yesterday and he said the same thing..Go get the Yamaha Power Tuner and turn the ignition down to -3 in all 9 boxes and try that.. I also got a coupon in the mail for $50.00 so I am going to go get the Tuner for $200.00 with the coupon.. Excited to see this take place.. And they got 1 in stock! Thanks again for everyone's help!

• Stu2

Posted December 09, 2011 - 02:49 AM

I have the G2 throttle cam on mine, stock counter shaft sprocket and 50 rear, I race it in harescrambles

I downloaded a woods map from here and it made a huge difference, but I am still going to do a FWW and a Wr gearbox in jan

I think the lighter guys find the power too much especially at just on throttle, I am 220 pounds so I think the weight of my carcass helps tone it down some

• Yzf_Buz

Posted December 11, 2011 - 01:20 PM

Just get out on the thing and :smirk:, it is the best and only way to get used to what ya signed up for. Not Really the answer you were looking for I know, but it is the honest truth. NOTHING BEATS SEAT TIME......:bonk:

• mxengineer4

Posted December 11, 2011 - 01:32 PM

I talked to Eddie Sisneros on the phone yesterday and he said the same thing..Go get the Yamaha Power Tuner and turn the ignition down to -3 in all 9 boxes and try that.. I also got a coupon in the mail for $50.00 so I am going to go get the Tuner for $200.00 with the coupon.. Excited to see this take place.. And they got 1 in stock! Thanks again for everyone's help!

EFI map revision (retard the ignition) and G2 thorttle 400 cam and some seat time and you should adapt fine....and I bet you start adding back some power then!:bonk:

• Family Man

Posted December 11, 2011 - 04:28 PM

try a steahly flywheel wheight.

• Norcalyz

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:05 PM

Do you need to buy the G2 throttle system for the other cams to work or will the cams work with the stock throttle tube?

• tech24

Posted December 12, 2011 - 04:50 AM

They will only work with the G2 tube. I got the kit with the 100 200 and 400 cams

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bdeemo

Posted December 20, 2011 - 12:27 AM

have fun!!! (so jealous of EFI)

Trade you my 04 yz450:)

• YamaLink

Posted December 21, 2011 - 06:31 AM

As others have stated/alluded to, often it's the engine braking and inertia that a two stroke rider has difficulty adapting to. Even on a 250F it can be a daunting relearning experience, but throw in the massive torque and power of a 45F and often buyer's remorse rears its ugly head.

• grayracer513

Posted December 21, 2011 - 08:59 AM

As others have stated/alluded to, often it's the engine braking and inertia that a two stroke rider has difficulty adapting to. Even on a 250F it can be a daunting relearning experience, but throw in the massive torque and power of a 45F and often buyer's remorse rears its ugly head.

On the other hand, the extremely broad torque curve, the nearly complete lack of any sudden power hit anywhere in the rev range, and the fact that the throttle response is so very linear and predictable (60% throttle is almost exactly 20% more than 40%) instead of the on/off feel you get with two-strokes are all very endearing attributes. As ferocious as the new 450's may seem at first, they are far easier to manage than a 50 HP two-stroke would be.

• YamaLink

Posted December 22, 2011 - 09:25 PM

So true, so true.

As ferocious as the new 450's may seem at first, they are far easier to manage than a 50 HP two-stroke would be.

• Stu2

Posted December 23, 2011 - 03:36 AM

I find my 11 450 easier to ride than my 07 yz 250, but in all fairness I am 6'2" and 220 pounds so it would be

• ah665

Posted December 23, 2011 - 11:42 AM

On the other hand, the extremely broad torque curve, the nearly complete lack of any sudden power hit anywhere in the rev range, and the fact that the throttle response is so very linear and predictable (60% throttle is almost exactly 20% more than 40%) instead of the on/off feel you get with two-strokes are all very endearing attributes. As ferocious as the new 450's may seem at first, they are far easier to manage than a 50 HP two-stroke would be.

agreed

so to the OP..hows it working out?

• shrubitup

Posted December 24, 2011 - 08:47 AM

Totally valid until you compare it to the RC Valve intro'd by Honda on their 02-07 CR250. Carbureted correctly the bike is electric smooth and nearly hit free. I was very surprised. Difference is electric servo motor controlling PV opening vice mechanically generated of say KIPS or YPVS or the older HPP.

No disputin' that the modern Yamaha 450F has more motor. I rode the '11 at demo days. Wow. :bonk:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.