Hole in my G-tex pants

5 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted September 27, 2003 - 01:53 PM

Hi guys,

I crashed three hours ago on a very hard packed rocky terrain. :D The original handlebar is gone but that about all for bike dammage. I,m OK, I was all dressed up with the usual knee protection and elbows and roost deflector....

Thanks to my end eng handguards :D. I probably would have two or three fingers broken. I only suffer an all colored and bloody forearm.

The sad thing is that my MSR gore tex pants have an hole on the right knee now :). I was wondering if any of you have suggestions about how I could get it fixed up.

I took a picture after the crash so I'll post it one day.

Ciao and thanks for any advise!

• sjw

Posted September 28, 2003 - 07:37 AM

go to a sporting goods store or camping store,they sell sheets of stick on patches.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 28, 2003 - 09:18 AM

Put a large patch on the inside and place some small grip sealent on the outside cut or tear to prevent further ripping if torn. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted September 28, 2003 - 11:40 AM

First thanks for the advises.

I would like to know what you exactly mean by "small grip sealent". I'm sorry but I have to ask this kind of question sometimes because English is not my native language.
Thank you much!

Would MSR be able to unstitch the piece of the pant that has a whole in it and replace it with original material?

I have no idea about how to contact them. Their website shows no contact address...

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 28, 2003 - 06:56 PM

Silicone rubber sealant on the cut in the fabric should help seal it from tearing easily again. But you need to patch it on the inside to give it some backing (support). Forget about sending it back for repair. :)

• Math

Posted September 29, 2003 - 06:43 AM

Thank you very much Indy, that helps a lot!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.