foot pegs

5 replies to this topic
  • az426

Posted July 21, 2001 - 04:00 PM

all,as i was lookin thru chapparal cat. i was wondering about those wider footpegs or those weld on pegs.any pros/cons?i like to ride more motocross,than desert.any opinions?

• 250FRider

Posted July 21, 2001 - 09:26 PM

I had IMS Pro Series pegs on my old CR and the extra width really made a difference. That is until the right side peg snapped off! I don't know why the peg broke, but I do know I will never buy any IMS footpegs again. I think wider pegs are well worth the money though. I would just stay away from IMS Pro Series.

• okie426

Posted July 25, 2001 - 05:16 PM

I've had really good luck with the SS Fastway Pegs with the adjustible set screws. I stand up lots more with the wider platform. I wore out my stock pegs on a 2000 yz 426 and really never considered the wider pegs as something I wanted. I'll never go back to stock width pegs. I ride mild Motocross and Fast Cross Country terrain.

The only complaint I have is that the threaded holes weren't fully threaded and I had to chase them with a tap. I called and emailed Fastway and never heard a freakin peep from them. I'm sure other companies have better service than Fastway.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MGR8

Posted July 26, 2001 - 05:00 AM

I have DSP's wide pegs and love them. It took a few rides to get use to the additional width...missed a lot of shifts, but now I wouldn't go back! You can get them in Ti ($199) or SS ($99) ... well worth the money IMO.

• Boit

Posted July 27, 2001 - 11:51 PM

I went with the Fastway Ti footpegs about a year ago. I think that I've been suckered into the Ti fad. While the fit was flawless, I think the weight savings was far from being cost effective since I'm not a fast pro. I also had to spend quite a bit of time grinding the cleats to a sharper point to prevent my boots from slipping when it's muddy.

• MGR8

Posted July 30, 2001 - 04:40 AM

I bought the Ti DSP pegs...I fell into that Ti fad too!....but they look so cool! I wouldn't spend the extra $'s again for the weight savings...this is low weight. It is more importmant to lose the weight up high. IMO.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.