Best source for plastic?

10 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted July 21, 2001 - 01:42 PM

I want to change my rear Dur-R fender for a YZ. Who has the best looking plastic. I want something to match the quality and shine of stock.

Bill :)

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 21, 2001 - 09:39 PM

Bill, the OEM stuff is very reasonably priced.

[This message has been edited by F-Pilot#5 (edited 07-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by F-Pilot#5 (edited 07-22-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 21, 2001 - 09:46 PM

• UNCHeelYeah

Posted July 22, 2001 - 08:41 AM

Hey Bill!

There are several sources for replacement plastic, and some are thicker and better made than the OEM's. I'd check out UFO and Acerbis. I have dealt with Acerbis personally, and have been impressed with their products. You can buy replacement plastic online from them at their website at

• YZThump

Posted July 22, 2001 - 03:32 PM

The Yamaha Site is great---BUT it also says that the dealer sets his own prices.Is there a way of mailordering on that site that I didn't see?????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • teamtoxic

Posted July 22, 2001 - 03:38 PM

<font color="navy">FYI, I've had nothing but bad luck with UFO products. The plastic compound they use is no good. I would stick with OEM or Acerbis products.

• Boit

Posted July 22, 2001 - 10:37 PM

I second the opinion on the UFO products. The front fenders have sloppy fit and finish, PLUS, there are no bushing inserts to strengthen the mounting points. I had to drill out the holes to accept the stock bushings before I mounted them. What a hassle! I could have mounted them sans the bushing, but I would have sacrificed strength.
Acerbis is much better in quality and for the same price as UFO...and MUCH less than stock. If you shop around, you can actually get them cheaper than the Acerbis site. Hey, for about $140, you get the entire set of plastic. That's pretty damn good in my book!

• UNCHeelYeah

Posted July 24, 2001 - 05:24 AM

Acerbis has full plastic kits for the YZ426F, 2000-2001 for $120 bucks from their website, and this includes shipping and handling.

• fastkevin

Posted July 24, 2001 - 05:55 AM

What about black?

• jbird

Posted July 24, 2001 - 06:03 AM

Kevin, I got black front and rear fenders and silver side pannels from Acerbis through Parts Unlimited

01 YZ426F, 99 YZ400F, 86 XR250, 76 RD400, 71
Heavily Modified Z50

• mcarp

Posted July 25, 2001 - 11:09 AM

I had Acerbis plastic on my bike when you saw it. Fit and finish is excellent. The YZ kit's rear shrouds are much thinner than the WR, but you have to remove the coolant tank to make them fit. I think I paid $110 for the whole kit, but it didn't come with the number plate (which you already have :)

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.