First ride today with YZ seat and tank (WR426)

5 replies to this topic
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted September 27, 2003 - 07:03 AM

After having the seat and tank fitted for a while now, I finally had time to get out for a ride today. To get to my local riding spot, I have about 2km's of asphalt to ride before I hit the dirt, and the first thing I noticed was my inner thighs were really cold. I looked down, and saw that my legs were about an inch or so off the tank, whereas before they were hard up against the WR tank. When I hit the dirt, the first corner came up, and I slid forward and threw my leg out toward the front of the bike. I reckon I just about jammed my boot in the front wheel :), this set-up is awesome :D It took me a while to get used to my new-found freedom, I can actually move around now. The bike is sooooooo much better to ride, I can't believe how much better I can turn this thing now. If anyone is considering doing it, DO IT. :D

• CRFThumper

Posted September 27, 2003 - 03:21 PM

YEA WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!all kidding aside it did wonders for my wifes wr250!!Like a new bike!! :D :)

• SMD

Posted September 27, 2003 - 05:10 PM

As I have said in the past if I could do only one mod to the WR this would be it. Enjoy!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jasowiii

Posted September 27, 2003 - 09:55 PM

YZ tank for sale
It was on my '98 wr400 when I bought it.

Make an offer :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 28, 2003 - 06:19 AM

ditto on the (99) YZ tank for sale, along w/ shrouds, One Industries graphics (GREAT SHAPE) , along w/ the matching graphic YZ seat, either whole or cover alone (the whole seat does make more sense to me).

Fits 98 / 99

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 28, 2003 - 02:15 PM

Yep... Great mod to do.. I have found that the more I scoot forward of the bike the better I can turn..

Have fun.... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.