looking for a used set of OEM or aftermarket wheels; paying well

• Miker

Posted September 27, 2003 - 03:38 PM

How about these? :)

XR650L Rear Wheel

XR650L Front Wheel

• newmanr19

Posted September 28, 2003 - 07:19 AM

hehe thanks, but I said paying well, not crazy - I was in on that auction; - no offense but $300+ for a used wheel is a bit high. Yes I know what new OEM's and aftermarket wheels cost but I've done my research on used ones and I have a limit on what I'm willing to pay.

• newmanr19

Posted September 28, 2003 - 09:46 PM

wow; them wheels sold for over $600; nice for you, but that's crazy too much! why are people bidding so high on dinged up used wheels for the XR650L all of a sudden? I was prepared to pay $500 and that's even high.. ah well

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moredesert

Posted September 28, 2003 - 10:36 PM

Try building a set of wheels with stock Honda parts. I did and it cost me $600 each. I just bought a set of used DRZ wheels for $600. The hubs alone are $300+. Keep looking on E-Bay :)

• newmanr19

Posted September 29, 2003 - 08:05 AM

eBay is crazy like that; I know.. been shopping there for four years. Not uncommon for a rear wheel to go for $250 last week (as one did), and then another one go for over $350 this week - I just don't get why someone would pay that much for used, dinged wheels (the front wheel had a big ding; even though it was straightend, the wheel sold for almost $300)

For a few hundred more you can buy a NEW set of Excel wheels fully laced, trued and much higher quality then stock (lighter, stronger, cooler looking etc.) - heck, I've even seen good used Excel wheels go for less then that on eBay..

I just don't get it.

• Moredesert

Posted September 29, 2003 - 03:46 PM

I guess it boils down to supply and demand. If you don't pay for a used wheel you have to buy new and that cost $$$. Wheels for a DRZ is even worse. Now if it wasn't a dual sport bike they would be a dime a dozen. I was told by my buddy that he picked up new KTM wheels for about $350 each. :)

• TZAR

Posted October 02, 2003 - 12:33 AM

Got a '04 XR650L - I may have my OEM's available "when" my motard wheels arrive. I said "when"...whew... Shoot me an offer... THX

• donkey

Posted October 31, 2003 - 04:38 PM

I have a set of '88 Honda NX650 wheels/tires for sale
e-mail me @ rbolten@ev1.net

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.